or Connect

Posts by ZelenyOko

Hi all, First of all, let me apologize in advance for the length of this email. I am PG for the first time and am very much looking forward to giving birth without drugs. I have spoken with my doctor about this, as I will be in a hospital (I'm not comfortable with homebirthing my first baby : ), and she is very supportive, even going so far as to tell me that the birthing classes offered by the hospital are more for people who are interested in epidurals and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by moonlightinvt Oooohhh, I like that, "Solan". Thanks Raven! Is the end pronounced "an" or "on" or "in" with accent on first or second syllable? If you had a girl, you could name her Solange, which I think is gorgeous.
I too am part of this tribe! While not yet a mommy, we are expecting our first on July 24, 2005 - I can't wait!!!! My DH's heritage is Chinese and mine is Czech, Irish and German (Euro-Mutt). He has black hair and dark brown eyes and I have light brown hair (naturally) and pale green eyes and I am so looking forward to seeing what our baby looks like. While ultimately I know it doesn't matter, I think it would be really neat if he/she had green or hazel eyes. I am...
Try searching on textured vegetable protein, which is what TVP stands for. Here are some recipes I found: http://vegweb.com/recipes/pasta/spaghetti1.shtml http://vegweb.com/recipes/sandwich/sloppy-joes-2.shtml You can pretty much make anything you like with TVP. Casseroles, tacos, soups, sauces, stir frys, currys, veggie burgers, loafs...use your imagination! While I agree with the PP who says that TVP is not the healthiest thing to eat as it is a processed...
I'm due July 24, 2005. Jen
Hi all, I too am new to the boards. My name is Jen, I'm married, live in Boston and am pregnant for the first time (holy cats!). We are having our first wedding anniversary at the end of February, so with getting married and now having the Chickpea in my belly (get this - on the same day we found out we were PG, my husband was laid-off his job - talk about BEST and WORST days!!), we have had quite a year! Having lurked on the boards for a few weeks now, it seems...
Zeleny Oko means green eye in Czech. I have green eyes, so....