or Connect

Posts by JenVose

So sorry that they even mentioned "breech" positioning at the 20-week ultrasound and caused you to worry - there's absolutely no reason for baby to be head down that early and it isn't of concern. Yay for baby being head down and ready for delivery now that you're closer to term! My first pregnancy, my little girl went and stayed heads down pretty early on (around 28 weeks) and wasn't born until 41 weeks. Currently in my second pregnancy, and I was at least 30 weeks along...
At this point, there's still no telling ... could be days or could be weeks. I was 1 cm dilated and 25 percent effaced and my little girl was "engaged" at least 3 weeks before her birth.
The reason they gave was privacy/germ exposure. They may or may not have multiple babies in that section of the nursery at any given time (in fact, there were no babies there during the tour and we went in). It does sound like if our little one is the only one, there's a pretty good chance that the nurse will allow it, since they show the room during the tours if no babies are there. But absolutely no chance if there are other babies. I do plan to have specific details in...
I'll be 36 weeks with our little boy on Thursday. I did a tour of the hospital over the weekend, and now am extremely stressed over how we're going to advocate for our little boy in an area where routine circumcision is still very much the norm and most people I've spoken to still hold firm to the belief that if a boy is not circumcised that you must retract and clean. Seriously, everyone I have spoken to about our decision not to circumcise has come back with, "Well, that...
Love the turkey timer comment Erigeron. I always thought of them that way, too. I guess mine really was a timer ... only popped out when I was truly "done"!
From your description, personally, I’d be looking for a new pediatrician rather than a different birthing option. What it sounds like to me is that you have practiced due diligence and have evaluated the safety of the individual birthing center you have chosen, already. And from your description, it seems to me that you’ve made a solid choice and a birthing center that sounds safe. Your pediatrician is giving you a highly-opinionated evaluation seemingly based on...
Was there a change in care between the previous US? I'm thinking that an issue with a clubbed foot should have been easily detected at the 16 or 20 week scans. It sounds to me like baby's just larger and they had difficulty seeing what they needed to see - I wouldn't be overly concerned.   Also, if it's ONLY an issue of a possible clubbed foot, it shouldn't really shouldn't affect birthing plans, since that's not an issue that should either complicate labor or result in...
I have always had a very deep belly button. During my last pregnancy, it was totally still an innie throughout. My midwives even commented on how uncommonly deep it was, that it wasn't even "level" but still indented. DH and the midwives both commented on how bizarre it was to them how my belly button would pop out while I was pushing, it was the only time I had an outtie, and I absolutely never saw it. Pregnancy did stretch my belly button somewhat, for which I was very...
My first pregnancy was like this and everything was fine (and somehow I still managed to gain around 30 to 35 pounds despite the fact that I never felt like I was eating enough - even for myself).   With pregnancy #2 I have all the insatiable appetite/cravings/urges that I've heard others talk about in pregnancy. I feel like I'm eating enough for myself and a teenage boy, and plenty of high calorie foods (this little guy likes his red meat!). And I'm barely...
CCarney - How much of an issue does your midwife see with this? Is she suggesting a hospital birth/risk out due to the GBS, or just letting you know that she does not have antibiotics as an option? I was GBS+ in my first pregnancy, and had a natural birth in a freestanding birth center. My midwife offered antibiotics through an arrangement with a local OB/GYN who would prescribe if needed, but you basically had to decide in the time between testing and around 1 week before...