or Connect

Posts by JenVose

As another mother in the “Bible belt,” I also found that all midwife services that were available to me were also Christian based. Like you, I felt that it was quite likely that I would be doing a lot of cussing in labor and had some concerns. I even somewhat “jokingly” brought the matter up to them at an early appointment, and they said that they had NEVER had a woman who cursed so badly in labor that it was found to be offensive, and that most women, even those who...
I feel this is an issue you definitely need to discuss with your health-care provider and possibly also with a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.   I'd also work on considering what your true motivations are - if your motivation is to look good for your wedding, perhaps instead of stressing over this now, you could reschedule/delay the wedding. I can promise that a three-month old is going to change a lot more in your life than simply your waist line.   If...
From here, I'm not really certain what the best course of action would be (other than being certain to have that talk with DD about not talking openly about "out of school" plans in front of school friends whom are not invited). I would probably try to make amends by scheduling something special with #3 and her mother, yourself and your daughter; and hopefully find some time to talk with the other mother about what an awkward situation you found yourself in. Maybe by...
Erigeron - I think that's a pretty good way of explaining it. But I definitely see your side, as I said, back when my oldest niece was born, I felt the same as you as did several others in DH's family. My MIL's mother, however, was fully in support - I believe all of her children have "nicknames" other than my MIL who was born in the Catholic hospital that insisted she be given a "proper" name - Kathy, Steve and Judy. Until she spoke up and told them that if that was what...
Me too! In my mind I've always imagined it to be horrible morning sickness. LOL
Along the lines of our current little ones being aware of the pregnancy, I have wondered at what point my little girl would begin to make the connection (she's 17 months currently, and will be around 22 months when little one arrives. But just last night, as I spent a lot of time snuggling her through teething, it seemed she'd only settle when she was belly to belly with me, and her little brother was kicking around in there like crazy when she did this. We talk about it a...
We haven't yet decided on a name, but in this case, if we did go with Bobby it's because we always intended for him to be a "Bobby" for the family reasons listed. If that weren't a factor, we probably would name him Robert and just choose to always call him Bobby. And with a friend who is just a "Bobby" and always has been, as mentioned, he's always been happy with the name. Also, AFAIK, my father never had the "Robbie" vs. "Robert" issue until after my brother, either....
If your midwives aren't concerned about your weight gain, I wouldn't be, either.   As for the "reset," you may find that it occurs, anyway. I was around 200 pounds when I became pregnant with my first and gained around 35 pounds over the course of the pregnancy. I asked if I needed to gain "less" due to my weight at the beginning of pregnancy and was told that they recommended a gain of 25 to 45 pounds and I might want to shoot for the lower edge of that, but it wasn't...
Erigeron - I used to be in the same, but have changed opinions over the years. 14 years ago, when my niece Katie was born, I couldn't understand why they wouldn't name her Kathleen or Katherine so that she would have an "adult" name, as well. My MIL has always gone by her nickname her whole life, but uses her full name for legal purposes. But like I said, her own mother really wanted her to be a Jackie and not a Jacqueline in the first place. On the other hand, I have a...
As she has already had pre-term delivery with her first, and she has already had pre-term labor with this pregnancy, I would anticipate that the chances that she will have a pre-mature delivery with this baby as well would be greater. If I were in her shoes, I think I would definitely be contacting my doctor and, if not brought up, asking about the possibility of a steroid shot just to give an extra boost to the lungs. Then again, it would probably depend on my previous...