or Connect

Posts by JenVose

Yes, I think a lot of it has to do with the behavior of parents "caving in" to their children. I can tell you if we had a meal that our daughter absolutely refused to eat - and I'm sure the day is coming (thus far, most foods she has ever refused have been of little nutritional value or at least not foods that I worry about her not eating), the alternative would definitely be something that I'm sure a lot of children would find distasteful - leafy greens (maybe turnip...
klfuqua, we have not yet seen Dr. Wenner. We likely will be toward the end of next month, at 18 months. If you are also on Facebook and in the Nacogdoches area, there is a group for Nacogdoches Moms and I believe there are several mothers in the group who use her who may be better able to answer on whether she regularly has the split vaccines available. Additionally, she is a DO rather than an MD, which often seems to make a difference in how a physician feels on the...
I, too, have unfortunately seen way too much of this type of behavior happening. As a major advocate of baby-led weaning, I think at least part of it may have to do with using baby-food as a transitional food for children. Many parents in this generation may use baby food and the first “real” food that baby gets is this highly-processed junk, as a treat they just don’t want to withhold, and I can definitely see that when a child’s first experiences with flavor/texture...
Does anyone have information on large-scale studies on Hibiclens? I read conflicting information - some places site usage in the UK, but according to current info it looks like UK protocol is also IV anti-biotics, only on a different basis of risk than the US protocol. I do have concerns that there is no real research on effects during pregnancy and on infants, and depending on application is on the Class B or Class C schedule of drugs. Also, the drug information I have...
I am not currently breastfeeding, but when I was breastfeeding my first, I recall that I was starving all of the time, anyway. I ate as much as I could (it seemed I could never hold enough to really keep the hunger away) and was still losing.   In my last pregnancy (which was my first), I never really got that hungry – as a matter of fact, I found myself “forcing” myself to eat. I gained about 35 pounds, and never even really felt like I was eating that...
I do wholeheartedly apologize if any of my previous posts came off as blaming the victim, as that was never my intention. I know that in their shoes, I would be blaming myself every day, and that would by far be enough, without feeling that I had the blame of others.   I think Sara Snyder is a wonderful woman for being able to come out of her experiences strong enough to be able to advocate for safer midwivery practices, rather than condemning midwives as a whole....
While I am agreed that these particular midwives should not be practicing, as a mother who had a OOH birth with a midwife who would not have hesitated to send me for a transfer (and almost did for slow delivery of the placenta), what I took from the piece was that both mothers trusted midwives they shouldn't have when their intuition told them there was something wrong that wasn't being adequately taken care of. I do think instead of vilifying the whole practice of...
I, also, have previously seen this video (and even referenced it in another thread). I don’t find the information in the video to be false, although it is heavily biased against homebirth and fails to offer a supportive side that informs mothers on how to choose a better provider, which I found very disappointing.   If the actual information provided is taken separately from the tone of piece, this video brings up some very important points. While CPMs are somewhat...
I went in for my first US today for my baby boy! Yay! Very excited to know the gender and I think everything is good, so that part is OK.   However, I was very disappointed in the overall experience. It was conducted in the hospital, which I understand will be a different experience than my previous experience, who was a sonographer who travelled from place to place and had his main office in the same building as the birthing center where I gave birth. However, even...
With my first pregnancy, I had an older dog who died earlier in my pregnancy – that dog knew I was pregnant almost from conception. Unfortunately, he died only a few weeks after my positive pregnancy test. But I knew from his actions that he had known – he began kissing my belly frequently, something he had absolutely never done in the past.   We got a puppy from the shelter soon after he passed, because we wanted our child to have a dog growing up. She’s never had...