or Connect

Posts by ValerieMarie

I completely agree with this... I just brought my 4-month old in for his vaccinations and the doctor told me I could start introducing cereal into his diet. She said to mix it in with his milk, no more than a couple tablespoons a day, and go from there. I understand you are breastfeeding, but do you ever use a bottle for that?? If not, try making a small portion up in a bowl and try spoon-feeding to him. As long as he can sit on his own, shows an interest in eating, and...
Well I bought some bigger sizes and I'm finally understanding diapers a little bit better now! haha..... my LO is allergic to most brands, but he seems to do fine with pampers. I didn't realize how many types there were either (active, extra dry, cruisers...) and this has made a big difference too!! I think I've found the right type, and the right size now! Thank you both for your insight and suggestions. They helped point me in the right direction! :-)
 I completely agree with this. I would make sure you approach him in a nice, non-threatening way, but make it clear to him that your family does certain things at certain times (with or without playmates) and sometimes it's nice to have "alone time" with your own family. Also (and I'm one of those people who will talk to a complete stranger), I would try to make friends with his mother and/or grandmother. You don't necessarily need to become BFFs, but that way you might...
Thank you. I will keep an eye on it and try to catch it on video (if at all possible). I am a little nervous but think I will wait to see if it happens again - he has an appt in a few weeks so that will at least give me time to see if it develops into something more serious or if it might just be a reflex of him falling asleep.... If it does I happen again, tho, I will most likely call the doctor and see what he says about coming in sooner. I'd rather be safe than sorry....
Last week I was feeding my 3 month old DS and, right as he was about to fall asleep, he started shaking pretty violently. His fists were clenched, eyes shut tight, and he stiffened right up. His entire body was *vibrating* (for lack of a better word). It lasted about 30 seconds. Then he was fine. I freaked out at first but he didn't cry or anything. In fact, he fell asleep almost right after it happened. So I blew it off. But tonight he did it again. Same situation... I...
Thanks mamapigeon!
BTW ... my LO is only 3 months and weighs about 10 pounds now. The size 1s aren't cutting into him, but they leave him a little pink in the leg/crotch area. Is this my sign it's almost time or do all diapers leave a little mark? I just thought it was bc they need to be snug so they don't leak. He doesn't complain or pull at them...
My LO started out at just under 5 pounds, so when I took him home from the hospital we had to buy him preemie diapers to fit his little butt. Well it became apparent after a few weeks that he was gaining weight and these preemies just weren't cutting it anymore. So we switched to newborn. After about a month, my cousin stopped over to visit and she told me he needed to wear a size 1, not newborn. How did she know this and how will I know when he needs to upgrade to a size 2?
I have had so many nightmares about sleeping with my baby. ..him falling off the bed ..breaking his neck. ..or me squishing him and not knowing till I wake up. But I have to admit, even with the nightmares, I know that I wake up to every single little tiny peep he makes, even if it's just him readjusting his blanket...so I've slept in bed a few times with him. It's really nice to be able to cuddle up with him like that. But I don't want to make it something he *needs* bc...
I just found the best product. It's bedtime bath and bedtime lotion, made by Johnson and Johnson. It's purple, not pink. I have been using it for the past few days and it's a little miracle in a bottle lol If you aren't giving your child a bath every day (I go every 2-3 days) then just rub some lotion on their chest and arms before bed. You'd be surprised the difference. I was.