or Connect

Posts by Kitten

If it were me I would follow alegna's advice. Get wishy-washy, don't show, whatever. I'd get passive-aggressive and have car trouble, or not find child care, etc. If you give up and do what they want without a fight, they get what they wanted with no effort. And it sets a precedent and makes them feel they can bully any woman into doing whatever they want. It's YOUR body and YOUR health care dollars. Don't let anyone make you wheedle and beg for control over your own...
I measured small for my first pregnancy and got bullied into a late ultrasound, which showed a "small baby" and ended with an unnecessary and painful induction, by hospital midwives. He was 7 lb 2 oz. Second baby, also measured just as small by fundal height. Very experienced HB midwife said 7 lb by palpation. He was 8 lb 7 oz. Lol. I think some women are just good at hiding babies.
I have asthma for which I take a daily preventive inhaler and I carry a rescue inhaler. I am having my second homebirth in the spring. It has never been a concern or even been brought up by a midwife (i did disclose the asthma and the meds I take.) it was never a concern for my hospital birth either. if you have an attack during pregnancy that you can't get under control, you'll go to the ER. That will be true whether you have a homebirth or hospital birth. That...
I didn't have time to read al the responses, but was the question whether to take money from your father when he's trying to use that money as a bribe? I'd refuse the money. Money with strings attached, or even expectations attached, is a "present" to avoid at all costs. My toxic ILs are always trying to use money and presents as bribes and threats to get what they want. We've learned to just say "no thanks" no matter how tempting it may be.
Let's remember that ultrasounds can also find "problems" that aren't really problems at all. I've heard many stories of women spending their pregnancies worried about something detected on an ultrasound that turned out to be nothing at all after birth. Also, al the times that women are bullied by ultrasounds showing that a baby is "too big" to birth vaginally, or "too small" and needs to be induced due to growth restriction. Baby also turns out to be just fine. women...
How bout Gaga? Then you could call her Lady as a nickname. Lolz
oh yeah, I finally felt the urge to push and pushed it out on my own. It was ginormous, lol. Then the dh cut the cord (ds chickened out).
My first was a heavily-managed hospital 4th stage. I did not like it but wasn't very informed at the time. my second was a very hands-off homebirth. I had a very fast birth. My placenta was VERY slow to come out. At least 1/2 hr, maybe 45 min. Baby was still attached. No active management, though I think the MW was starting to get slightly concerned. Very minimal blood loss. I don't remember any fundal compression or massage. My mw did say that I had one of the...
The whole "insurance won't pay if you AMA" is a myth. Someone posted a link a while back to a medical journal -!ournal of Emergency Medicine perhaps- that published a study which concluded that it is a myth. The authors said they weren't sure if medical personnel really believed this were true, or if it was emotional blackmail to get patients to do what they wanted them to do. Wish I'd kept the link. It really ought to be made a sticky.
I had a terrible senior year of high school where all the people I *thought* were my friends sold me out to get in the graces of a queen bee who decided she didn't like me. It was horribly scarring and I have never really felt like I can trust other women enough to form close friendships. I spent an entire year completely isolated. Hardly anyone in my school would really even talk to me. you'd think I'd just get over it, but when my first child was born I finally...