or Connect

Posts by starflower3

Today, I signed on to my email and did not realize that the speakers were turned up.  My 2 month old baby was sleeping in his bassinet in the same room.  When I signed on, a super loud loud static-y noise shocked me and woke up baby--but he didn't cry--just went back to sleep after a minute.  I turned it down just as soon as my arm could reach the volume---so it was really a few brief seconds of this loud fuzzy noise that hurt my ears.  I am soooo ticked at the fact that...
I just delivered our fourth child via repeat planned c/s last week.  Nursing has gone great but I am feeling myself slipping under this dark cloud.  I don't want to start down the anti-depressant road.  I've been here before and forgot how dark the world can be when slipping into one of these postpartum funks.  I am supplementing with a great prenatal and extra calcium/mag. etc.  The c/s was very family friendly and the baby was with me the whole time.  My OB was very...
Congratulations!  Please try not to think of your age.  Your body said "Let's Go!" so enjoy :)
I start up with the cod liver oil the minute we start seeing less of the sun and the kids are back to school.  Nobody has been sick yet!
Absolutely will never get it.  I did have a severe case of Influenza A after my last child was born and am glad to have the naturally acquired antibodies.  Even after that, I will never get a flu shot and most certainly not while I'm pregnant.  What I've been doing is keeping up my Vitamin D and taking a lot of garlic and coconut oil which are both naturally anti-viral/anti-bacterial.  Also, my OB has never ever once mentioned or encouraged me to get a flu shot while...
All boys here, all intact as well.  I totally commend you for your decision.  Please tune out the ignorant comments of relatives.  It's really none of their business anyway.  The foreskin is there for a reason and, believe me, I've changed thousands of diapers with intact boys and there is nothing problematic in doing so.  For the first years, the foreskin can be left alone.  Babies/boys will, on their own, yank and pull and do whatever.  Just let them.  It's natural and,...
Thanks for that, Dalia!  I needed the meteor perspective, haha!  It's been awhile since I've had some sort of food freak-out and mushroom mistrust
Today, I picked up a cup of hot Asiago, Stout, Mushroom soup at a local supermarket.  It was delish.  However, I ate a mushroom that seemed to be a different consistency.  It kind've weirded me out so I called to see what was in the soup.  The following mushroom blend was in the soup:  Enoki, Shitake, Portobello, Crimini, Button and Hen in the Woods.  That list there mildly freaked me out as I've tried to avoid 'wild' mushrooms.  I noticed that several years ago Enoki were...
I know that an OB I spoke with said that the age factor is over-stated.  I think it's because she had her children over 35 as well and experienced these things directly.  The referral part would not surprise me.  It is pretty much all about the money and an industry of it's own.  I didn't know there was a difference between level II and an anatomy scan.  I thought they were the same thing.  Either way, chances are that your baby will be just fine :)
I totally relate.  I know it's 'normal' to feel this way, but it still sucks.  I'm feeling that I look awful this pregnancy.  I'm not wanting to go anywhere.  I'm not a glowing picture of pregnancy, nor do I want to be, which I find a little bit unnerving.  These are huge adjustments and they are life.  We'll get through them.  At the same time, pregnancy is idealized which is why I avoid pregnancy magazines.  I'm busy looking at Vogue and vowing to get back to my former...