or Connect

Posts by kalisis

The kids and I go about once/month - they do 50% off 4 colored tags rather than the usual 2, so it's like double bargains.    We just stopped yesterday - I bought them both new bikes for a total of $35.  I've been meaning to get them new ones for this year, they've outgrown theirs and I was so stoked.  The one for DD is going to need some air in the tires, but heh, such a steal.   We also got a bunch of right size fleece hoodies for the spring.  It seems my kids...
Thing is, if you want to eat cheap, you have to not be picky.  That's what I've found out - we eat what's on sale and make do with what's in season.  It's not always stuff we want, but it's within our budget.   There are some good cookbooks out there - the one that comes to mind is:  "More with Less Cookbook" since I don't see a lot of grains on your meal plan.  We eat rice a couple times/week - it's cheap, versatile and filling.    I don't really find TJ's to be...
I mush them up and add some mayo (vegan if you want) and either pickle relish or dill and some finely chopped onion and celery.  Reminds me of tuna my mom used to make.   Also, I riff on a Jamaican curry - It's imperative that you have everything ready before you start tho, because the curry will burn very easily.  Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of your saucepan and then add in enough curry powder to make a slurry.  Whisk it around a few seconds and then add in...
It took me over 6 months to cancel services with Verizon when I moved last year. I moved to a different state, clear across the country and they STILL continued to bill me for a landline and DSL service. It was so annoying.
Yep, I remember you!
Are Writs of Habeus Corpus different in that they don't need to have a court stamp on them? Does anyone know? FWIW, I'm in NY State. I don't think they are. I'm asking because I was served with a Writ very late last night, but I doubt its authenticity. It has no court stamp on it - you know the stamp that says filed on this day at this time. I'm pretty sure he served me with bogus paperwork.
Yesterday was my shopping day - I generally only shop once/week, so even though it adds up fast, that's pretty much it. I did manage to avoid a Walgreen's purchase, I was feeling awful last week and had planned to get some decongestant, but work was so busy, I never made it and now I feel much better. I went out last night with some friends and the beer was on them because I cooked dinner, so that was nice. I've not left the house today, so it's a no spend day! 1. Eat...
1. Eat out lunch only 1x/week - 1/4 2. Weekly grocery budget of $100 (can include eating out in this on weekends I don't have kids) 3. Spending allowance of $50/week and that includes dry cleaning 4. $100 budget for party on Saturday, the 6th - 57/100 5. ONE Amazon purchase of less than $50 - ok 6. Hutch for Kitchen is ok, do not spend more than $200 (ok - 169) 7. ONE trip to the thrift store, spend no more than $75 8. Coffee at McD's 1x/week: 0/4 9. Budget of $100 for...
1. Eat out lunch only 1x/week - 0/4 2. Weekly grocery budget of $100 (can include eating out in this on weekends I don't have kids) 3. Spending allowance of $50/week and that includes dry cleaning 4. $100 budget for party on Saturday, the 6th - 57/100 5. ONE Amazon purchase of less than $50 - ok 6. Hutch for Kitchen is ok, do not spend more than $200 (ok - 169) 7. ONE trip to the thrift store, spend no more than $75 8. Coffee at McD's 1x/week: 0/4 9. Budget of $100 for...
I'm redoing the way I'm breaking up my weeks - I need to have money to spend for the weekend. I'd also like to try to be ahead of the game each week, pay it forward, if you will, rather than borrow from the next week. 1. Eat out lunch only 1x/week - 0/4 2. Weekly grocery budget of $100 (can include eating out in this on weekends I don't have kids) 3. Spending allowance of $50/week and that includes dry cleaning 4. $100 budget for party on Saturday, the 6th 5. ONE Amazon...