or Connect

Posts by Kiki Leigh

I'm a trained journalist and have worked at newspapers and media development non-profits. I'm also a military spouse on my first overseas tour, and I don't speak the language where we live (Egypt). So I've cobbled together a few things, including online editing from home and a part-time job at the U.S. Embassy. Not exactly sure how things will go once baby is closer; I have to leave country six weeks before baby is due and stay away until at least 6 weeks after baby is...
If I hadn't had my doctor confirm my HPT with all the bloodwork, I'd wonder if I had the flu and not a pregnancy. Normally I love food! But I can't eat anything besides very plain carbs: saltines, cereal, plain pasta with a smidge of butter, applesauce, bananas and tea. And all in very small amounts. Oh - and Koshary! It's an Egyptian street food that lately has been going upmarket here in Cairo. It contains rice, lentils, pasta, chickpeas, fried crunchy onions, a...
I don't really feel pregnant, I feel like I have the flu! Can't eat anything besides the BRAT foods and saltines without diahareeah or vomiting. Also my boss is out of town, so I'm taking on extra duties at the office... which is really rough right now. I don't plan on telling anyone besides family for another few weeks, so I'm sneaking to the cafeteria during off-hours to buy ginger ale to put in my coffee mug, lol. The bigger boobs are fun around the house, but...
Hi! As a 30-year-old new mom-to-be, I am happy to have found this great wealth of experience! My husband, 39, and I have been married for 2 years this week and currently live in Cairo, Egypt with our two kitties. We're in the middle of our tour here and were fairly surprised to find out that we conceived so quickly. So far we're just trying to get our minds around the whole thing: Medivac away from Cairo (the U.S. government, for which my husband works, highly...