or Connect

Posts by nutmeg86

That's a risk you are taking on your kids, the foster kids will be 'protected'. So I'm not sure it should matter for the foster kids. Side note... to my knowledge pp, there is not vax for hiv/aids... so your example is invalid. I don't vax my kids. If I were to take in a foster kid i would be very cautious about what they would be bringing in. I would be pretty apprehensive to bring g in a child with a questionable history as far as exposure goes.
Thanks for the replies! I am definitely a but strict with making sure she is eating healthy foods, but I don't restrict her. She can eat fruit and veggies until she explodes if she wants but we do have some "only one a day" foods. Glad to hear other people have large healthy children! I feel like everyone I know has kids below the 25th percentile and it exaggerates how big my dd looks. We met some new people at a new years party last night and of the 5 kids my child was...
My daughter is big for her age and always has been. By her 1 month check she had Shott o the top of the growth charts and she has stayed there ever since. She is now almost 3 and she's 50 lbs and 39 inches tall. The size of a 6 year old. For a while everyone kept telling g me she would even out but she has kept up the steady growth. She is healthy and we eat well, minimally processed food. But she does eat a lot. Her ped says it's all OK and she is fine, but I can tell...
Thank you for all the responses! In the end the weather was so bad we didn't go on our trip, so the weekend ended up being stress free! It's nice to hear how other like minded people deal with relatives/ others. I will definitely put all of this in my back pocket for next time!!
Thanks for all the responses! Unfortunately this will be 5 days away from home so slipping out isn't an option. But I will probably be excusing myself for early bed most mights. I have also left the room to breastfeed not for modesty but simply to escape and have a few minutes alone. I will be using my moby wrap and luckily my ds is fussy and picky about things so I'll have a good excuse to hog him. This wouldn't be as tricky if I didn't like my family! I really do enjoy...
Thanks for all the responses! Unfortunately this will be 5 days away from home so slipping out isn't an option. But I will probably be excusing myself for early bed most mights. I have also left the room to breastfeed not for modesty but simply to escape and have a few minutes alone. I will be using my moby wrap and luckily my ds is fussy and picky about things so I'll have a good excuse to hog him. This wouldn't be as tricky if I didn't like my family! I really do enjoy...
My family's Christmas is this weekend. I have a 2 year old and a 6 week old. My family loves babies but they do not agree with my AP parenting style. They think I spoil my babies by holding them and over feed my babies by bfing on demand. When my daughter was a baby my cousin even got mad that I was taking her to nurse and didn't pump so she could feed her... rediculous. They are also the type that think it's cute when a baby is sitting there crying... I don't let my...
As of 2 years ago there was no law, and as I am 40 weeks now and intend to decline the ointment, I believe there isnt one currently... the ointment is to prevent transmission of stds... so maybe there is an exception if you have an std?? Not sure. Madison birth center had to close its doors this fall unfortunately
I'm 40 weeks today with my second, and ive had two false alarms in the past couple of weeks and lots of on and off contractions. Starting friday I have had this pattern where I wake up in the am, start contracting, and through the coarse of the day they get more steady and more intense. I go to bed thinking I better get some sleep because this might be it. Then I end up sleeping most of the night with only a few contractions waking me. This has been happening for 3 days...
I'm 40 weeks today with my second, and ive had two false alarms in the past couple of weeks and lots of on and off contractions. Starting friday I have had this pattern where I wake up in the am, start contracting, and through the coarse of the day they get more steady and more intense. I go to bed thinking I better get some sleep because this might be it. Then I end up sleeping most of the night with only a few contractions waking me. This has been happening for 3 days...