or Connect

Posts by taichimom

23 weeks here..., I've been loving the 2nd trimester- no more nausea, plenty of energy, now have a cute belly. Feeling baby move regularly is soo reassuring. Then I overdid it and my lower back is killing me- I've done this before non-pregnant. I can't be out of commission- too much to do to get ready for this baby! I dug out my elastic belly support band- that helps a lot. I was planning on meeting in my 3rd trimester with this chiropractor who does the Webster...
I asked my midwife about um...straining on the toilet and if that could cause a problem. The one thing that reassured me was the balloon analogy my midwife showed me today- she blew up a glove and tied the wrist like a balloon. That knot is like the cervix- you can smoosh and push down on it quite a bit, but unless that cervix is opening (and most people feel that) the baby is staying put, no matter how low he is. Not that we shouldn't try to avoid straining because of...
Talked to my midwife about this too- apparently with each pregnancy those muscles and ligaments are *that* much stretchier making the baby go down low. Also after I empty a very full bladder I can feel baby drop down.
No pics, but the day has come that DH's size 34 jeans fit me....and I'm not even halfway there-17 weeks! This is my third baby; I think my abs have just given up!
Pre pregnancy I was running 5 miles, doing body weight exercises (military push ups, pull ups, etc), and gymnastics. I quit the gymnastics as soon as I got my BFP. I kept up with the rest of my routine until week 8 when the queasiness and exhaustion kicked in. It also got icy up here in New England. Pre pregnancy I was also very small chested and I stopped running when the bouncing boobs (even with 2 bras) began to get on my nerves. Now I do t-tapp (a low impact/core...
So, how are you dealing with the "advice" from friends, family and even strangers? I have no problem telling family or strangers to just mind their own business, but I don't appreciate friends (or specifically mothers of my children's friends) giving me um constructive criticism about my choice of providers. I am polite and just change the subject, but I really want to say- leave me the f alone! You don't know me or my situation and I am comfortable with my decisions....
I'm 16 weeks...sometimes I think I feel movement, but I am having the worst gas, and it could be the gas. Heck-some nights I think the gas bubbles would be stronger than the babies kicks. So looking forward to when I feel baby move regularly- it's so reassuring.
Sorry to be a downer, but I Tried both hypnobirthing with my 1st and hypnobabies with my 2nd- they just didn't work for me. It still hurt-badly. With my 1st I didn't have any other tools to cope and eventually gave up and opted for an epidural after 3 days of early labor and throwing up. I knew better than to put all my eggs in one basket with my second so I used some of the relaxation techniques along with making noises during contractions, swaying back and forth, water,...
6lbs at 16 weeks. I didn't gain much the 1st 12 weeks; nothing tasted good. I gained 40 lbs with my previous 2 pgs, but a good 10 of those was from going a bit too crazy with the carbs and sweets. Hope I can keep that in check this time.
I'm almost 16 weeks and haven't told most of my side of the family. They are out of town and I don't really care if/when/how they find out. It's not like they're going to help me in any way or even make any effort to come and see the baby. Heck- I'll tell them when they pick up the phone and call me. Baby will be in kindergarten by then and he can tell them himself Am I bitter-yes! But if they aren't going to be a positive force then I don't see why it's your...