or Connect

Posts by CMSmommy

I hate going to the zoo. A lot of moms I know have zoo memberships and they go all the time and I just don't get it. It's crowded (unless it's really cold or rainy), most of the animals are hiding so you can barely even see them, and one time after a zoo trip DH said "You know, we just spent the day looking at prisoners." and I've never been able to think of a zoo the same way.
It sounds like she was acting like a normal toddler, but some places just aren't toddler friendly. I know I get grumpy/frustrated when I'm in a crowded room dealing with a potentially stressful situation (like a trip to the SS office might require), so I'd just chalk up his behavior to being ina bad mood and worrying about his wife. I think moving was the best thing to do in that situation.
I'm glad you asked this question. My DS is 22 months old and so far he shows little interest in other kids. We're a one car family (which DH takes to work each day) in a neighborhood that's not very walkable so we're mostly limited to our neighbors and the nearby park. We play with the neighbor kids sometimes but they're all older (there is a 3 year old, and the rest are school aged kids) and at the park we sometimes run into kids that are near his age, but usually there...
I can relate. We visited some relatives recently who have a 3 year old daughter. They live on a mountain, practically in the woods where there are wild animals. They were telling us how the little girl wondered off into the woods when she was 2. She got a spanking and never did it again. It was very had not to say "Or you could supervise your child and not expect a 2 year old to understand a potentially dangerous situation." The good thing that came out of it was that...
When my son asks for something and I can't do it right then, I use "first - then." "First I'm going to wash my hands and then I'll get you a banana." It doesn't always work. but I do see him getting more patient. As soon as I'm don with the first activity, I let him know "Now I'll get you a banana." so he knows that I haven't forgotten.     He also loves the playground and hates leaving. So I just try to give him something fun to look forward to. "Daddy will be...