or Connect

Posts by Dela

Uuugh. Pretty much all girls clothes stink, and have for the last 5-7 years. Everything either looks like the god of sparkles threw up, has bratty sayings or logs, or is garish pink with ruffles, lace, and frills everywhere.   What ever happened to blue jeans and solid color t-shirts for girls? When did they have to look like prancing princesses all day, every day?   Actually, all boys' clothes from department stores stink too. I can't find anything that's not blue,...
My twins do. I can't keep track of whose is whose. We only buy them one type of undies (because it's the only one they'll wear, not because we're underpants control freaks or something) and they only come in a few colors/patterns.   Everyone else has their own and doesn't pass down. Underwear and bras (when that's a thing) do not pass down. Everything else does.
Oops! Sorry, I didn't see the first question! There's 12 at home right now, aged 13 and under, between our 7 and our nieces and nephews. 13 if you count LO due in Nov.   For the record, we did NOT know this would be our situation when we planned LO! We were still in Texas and aware of what was going on, but mostly uninvolved, heh. How things change. After the hellish two weeks I've had, perhaps I spoke too soon on that "let nature run its course" thing. I'm not sure if I'm...
2 of my boys have long hair and nobody bothers us about it more than stupid comments like, "Those locks are wasted on a boy!" or "If he were a girl that hair would be adorable!"   Personally, I'd tell grandma and grandpa to stuff it. But then again, my filter is broken and I don't give a rat's rear end what people think of my kids or their hair or their clothes any more. Especially nosy family members.   I wouldn't think anything more about it. If it bothers your...
 So it's totally okay for you to judge and speculate how others feel about their choices, but not for anyone to turn it around on you because somehow your choices regarding children are holy and sacred and must be treated with utmost praise and respect, while theirs regarding their pets and lifestyle are fair game and "not comparable?" Sorry, I'm not going to get on board with that. People find fulfillment in different ways and places. Your fulfillment in children is no...
Lots of people find pets just as fulfilling as children. If that's her preference, who are you to say she'll regret it? Perhaps you will regret spending years wiping snot and changing diapers that you could have spent doing other things.
Not for us. We believe firmly in the person's right to decide for themselves, with sound mind and full information, what they want done to their bodies.   Ear piercing, for boys and girls, is a decision we allow them to make when they're 10 and older.   Why 10? By 10, we feel they're old enough to A: be responsible for the cleaning by themselves, B: understand the risks (local infection, regret, possibility of earring being ripped or pulled in sports and play), and C:...
Wow, thank you for the very helpfula nd encouraging post! I was blowing it out of proportion, it seems. I was thinking we'd have to list every material, how we use it, track progress in the same way a school would. We're looking for a backup place at this point (sellers of the one we've got an offer in on are flaky as heck ) and are concentrating around Eastern Putnam and SE corner of Dutchess counties, along with the Danbury area in CT. Kinda hoping some long time family...
The NJ laws are attractive, but NJ itself will be a last resort, LOL. It's too crowded within an hour of the city!
DH and I came to the sad realization that with his work situation changing (for the better), it's going to be next to impossible for us to still live in Delaware with him in New York more and more. Already he's up there Friday thru Monday afternoon. We found a property we love that will work for our family size now, we'll be moving in early November if we can close the deal on it. The kids aren't really attached to this house thank goodness, maybe the change will be good...