or Connect

Posts by ameliasmom113

We cut my daughter's hair super short when she was about that age and it was adorable. I had a pixie cut at the time, so she wanted one too. Her preschool class had about half the girls with short (chin length and above) hair too. As long as it's cut right, no one should think she's a boy.  I think gamine cuts on little girls are absolutely adorable. :)
Hi all! I just got a complete set of used diapers for free from a neighbor for my baby on the way (YAY!). They appear to be in great condition, and my husband and I tested their absorbency by pouring cups of water on them and they held up beautifully.  However, I am worried about bacteria/yeast. I want to make sure all of this is out of my diapers before my little boy comes and wears them. I have a combination of bumGenius Freetimes, the Flip system, Simplex diapers,...
Never tried it. But it sounds delicious :)   Cow Tongue (It's real. I grew up in farm country)
Save money! I hate feeling like I don't have enough money. I can't be spontaneous at all. I need to have a plan.    Would you rather have the hiccups for your whole life or feel like you have to sneeze but can't for the rest of your life?
Hi all! My name is Amanda. I am due October 30th. I will be having a scheduled C-Section on October 25th due to other health problems that make a vaginal delivery too risky.  (Assuming the baby waits that long). It actually only took my husband and I one month of trying to conceive to get pregnant. I live in Wisconsin and have a five-year old daughter and am currently a therapist for children with autism. I love love love my job! I am having a boy. My daughter was hoping...
Hi all. I am new to the mothering community. I am due at the end of October and am horribly uncomfortable at night. I have been trying the whole sleeping with a body pillow thing, but my hips still ache and I'm still sleeping fitfully even when I am reasonably comfortable. This is my second pregnancy, and I don't remember experiencing this at all with the first pregnancy. Just wondering if anyone else has insomnia, and what you do. I work full time and go back to school...
Hi. My name is Amanda. I am expecting a baby boy in October. I also have a little girl who is 5 and just starting kindergarten. I am a therapist for autistic children and currently going back to school for Special Education. I joined the mothering community to learn more about cloth diapering (which I certainly have).  I used disposables with my daughter, but after seeing a friend use cloth diapers with her 2 kids, I have decided that is the way to go for the new baby as...
Also, at nine weeks your baby is still a newborn. Keep nursing on demand!
My daughter was off the charts by 4 months and was exclusively breastfed. However, my husband and I were both also off the charts big until we were about 2.  I was lucky to have a dr. who basically said you two are always going to have big babies, keep up the good work. "Infant Obesity" was never brought up. I think if you are just breastfeeding, you are not overfeeding. Breastfeeding takes a lot of work for an infant, if they truly didn't want milk, they would stop. At...
I agree that it may not be that he is hungry. My daughter often would gulp down 8-10 oz of breastmilk in a bottle in a few moments with no problem whatsoever, but would take 45 minutes to nurse.When she began to walk, we had a similar problem as you have, except she did it all day. She would "half-nurse" and just run around, but seemed to only want me for comfort for a few minutes. I contacted a lactation consultant (she walked at 9 months, so I didn't want to wean) and...