or Connect

Posts by nj001

It certainly doesn't help it, but a lot of parenting duties negatively impact sex life. Like changing dirty diapers, but I still do that anyway. 
Definitely not CIO to pat, in my opinion. There were nights when my girl cried no matter WHAT I did and I would not say that all my efforts of swaddling, bouncing, rocking, walking, nursing, etc. were CIO because I was there with her and we were communicating and trying to work it out together.   I did start patting a lot around 5 months old and she was definitely rolling. After a few times, she just got used to it and didn't roll anymore...for the most part.  Now at 13...
Thanks for the No Cry Sleep Solution advice!! I read that book early on, whilst bouncing a young infant to sleep in a wrap, when we were going through the age of 2-5 months which was quite horrific in the sleep department!!  The concept was useless then because she just needed to sleep on a warm body.  Then one day she just outgrew that need and napped all by herself for hours at a time. I can give it another look to see if that will help us.    But last night was...
My instinct tells me she probably has to resist the urge to weight each pee diaper and compare the weight to ounces of fluid intake. It's weird, still. She may not be able to see that little, healthy babies don't have the same concerns as bedridden cardiac patients.
Thanks for the responses! I've just slowed down on the rocking for now. I do like the idea behind RIE but there's a lot I just can't get on board with, about it. I do have to come up with something because our current situation is NOT working for my daughter. I love assisting her to sleep but she's really struggling falling back to sleep (even when I recreate the same assistance) on a regular basis. I know she could have the same struggles if she was falling asleep more...
I have nothing to offer in the way of experience, since my daughter is only 9 months old.  I just wanted to say that the prospect of a toddler who happily stays up until my husband and myself head to bed, is assisted to sleep the sleeps all night (!!!!), sounds like a DREEEEEAAM.  I'd relish in it and slowly add a mattress for her to sleep in  then inch that mattress away, little by little.   Or you could try making a big deal out of a "big girl bed" and decorate her...
Depending on the type of spider, the mattress on the floor (pulled away from walls to avoid entrapment) would be the safest bet so long as the room is baby-proofed , or move the baby to a pack n' play/crib/ floor bed when you get up.    If you're anything like me, you'd move mountains not to risk waking baby by moving her. So floor mattress gets another vote.
Hi!   So my 9 month old is a big girl, at 23lbs and I've been walking/bouncing her to sleep her whole life (she doesn't like the rocking chair, no matter how hard I've tried!), and I have a bad back.  I'm definitely feeling that I'm going to have to stop walking and bouncing for every single nap and bed time,  but I'm perfectly happy finding some other way (that doesn't hurt my back) to assist her to sleep, ideally in the back-rubbing/cuddling department. Any ideas...
Oh my gosh. I forgot how much the letdown used to hurt. This passed for me and there is nothing remotely painful about nursing (anymore), but it used to hurt. A lot.