or Connect

Posts by MelW

kerc, ugh. I wonder if they out the wrong size filter on. Complain and get a year worth of free oil changes. JayGee, I hope your sinuses heal quickly. My RR is that my legs are killing me from bootcamp Friday night. Holy-DOMS! Yesterday was achy, but today going down stairs is just brutal. More stretching and foam rolling and a bath tonight. I guess I should have been more consistent with the squats and lunges through the summer.
sparkle, I've been thinking of you and your cycles. I hope you can find something that gives you hope. How cool that you worked at Alice Waters' restaurant! Jo, I can see the appeal of the extra sun! I know a lot of people who struggle with my climate (lots of people who work in front of lamps, take annual spring vacations to somewhere sunny, etc etc) Gaye and real, thinking of both of you in the floods. Stay safe! We didn't get a call about terrible kidney function, so...
jo, good luck with all of your future planning. It's great that you have options, but I can see the frustration of too many options, too!   towson, wow. Just wow. Feel better soon!   kerc, I might have to invest in some bitters. Cannot turn my brain off this week. The cyclical times for certain organs sounds is exactly what my chinese doctor would say. Now I should see what 4 am is, because that's my waking time lately. Because I was away I'm behind on my kombucha...
Lofty, enjoy your swim!! My immunologist often reminds us not to be too "healthy" because for most food more refining/cooking/processing (not as in processed multi-ingredient foods, but just increase processing of whole foods) leads to less allergic reactions as some of the allergenic proteins are diminished. So the combination of while flour plus sourdough/no yeast seems like a less likely reaction than a nice whole wheat loaf. The one exception to the processing rule is...
tjsmama, as long as DS is a deep enough sleeper, I think it's totally appropriate to have him over after bedtime. I'm glad the lunch went well and good luck on your nights! Welcome back, Jo! sparkle, good luck with the party! I hope you scheduled it during the progesterone weeks- it sounds like an ambitious project!! RR- 30 minute run for the third time in a week. With bootcamp starting this week, I might be earning dingo status again! NRR- The 4 year old slept over 12...
Things I have said to my four year old today: "Please don't lick your violin" "No, you're not allowed to smoke in my car." "It's illegal to smoke in a car if there are kids in it" "Yes, I know kids can't go to jail, but you still can't smoke in my car" "If you would like to touch your vagina, please use your bedroom or the bathroom in privacy. Not in the front yard" "I know you don't care where you are, but please take your hands out of your pants or go inside" "It's...
NIce! I hope your shins/knees recover quickly. JayGee, congrats to your speedy kids! That is so cool that R gets to meet her historical figure! And the strolling strings sounds fun, too. I have my breath held for your school board election, real. NRR- I decided we should do one last attempt at blackberry picking for the year, in a different spot from last time where we ended up in an ant's nest. There's a spot that I know that also has an old apple tree on a small strip of...
Gaye, I think it's a good call to make the first move. At least you get it out there and can move on. As for the lack of swoony feelings, I think that they're a bit over-rated. Too much Princess Bride. Sometimes the slow growth of something is more rewarding than the insane intensity that burns out. Though it's pretty fun to watch people with big exploding fireworks around their relationship.   Plady, I hope Ali G is feeling better soon, and that you can get some time to...
I have a four year old with a pixie cut. Though she's occasionally mistaken for a boy (especially when dressed in traditionally "boy" clothes) she gets far, far more comments on her hair than most kids- 99% positive and the very rare question about whether it's short because of gum or similar accidents. My seven year old has very long hair that's only been cut once her her life. They're totally different kids, and suit different hair cuts and want different things. The...
I don't have a pressure canner. I just can fruit, pickles, tomatoes and jams that can be done in the boiling water bath. Thinking of you, sparkle. Agreed that the single thread works well for us. Tjsmama and real, amazing run in the heat!!