or Connect

Posts by BLouiseS

Uc is something my dh and i have considered for a while and now more than ever when the only hb mw in my area that insurance will covernis no longer taking new clients. Also, what you said is as close as i think you can get in words exactly what ive been feeling and thinking. Im so sick of not being heard, not finding that match and being told im wrong by people that are supposed to trust a womans intuition and the process of birth that i want to scream and ive come to...
I would love to do a lotus birth but........ i have pets. Wouldnt work out so well lol. Also, after encapsulating the last one, it would be a shame not to do the same with every placenta i make! That stuff is magical i swear. I think the thing to keep in mind, generally, is dont rush. No need to wash, weigh, poke, prod, cut, etc. within the first day even. The only thing that NEEDS to happen in a timly fashion is that baby on the boob.
Just want to add- my first was ob family practice all the way to 36 wks when i decided to switch models entirely. I was very stressed about winding up with interventions and an outcome i never wanted. Gave birth in a free standing birth center under mw care and had a pretty good experience. The way labor had gone thouhg and in a hospital i know i wouldve wound up with some serious intervention and possibly even a section. My doc understood and i didnt feel funny about...
Id hate to be in such a position. Do you have access to midwives? At the hospital, a free standing bc or otherwise? Even just to consult would be great. If not, maybe a different hospital? Dont feel like its too late to switch care providers. You might find that stress is playing a huge role in your contractions and that if you were able to get some peace of mind about a possible vbac you may make it long enough to qualify for an alternative. Make some tea, and some phone...
Im Barb btw. Didnt realize my username came out like blousies lol.
Im planning uc for my current baby(#3) and am wondering if theres already a good resource out there for preparing and also personal recommendations. I feel like i should find a mw to be on site-standby but ...... well thats complicated. I think ive just got to work through some things. My husband is an emt and has been exposed to my obsession with birth for the past 7 years( he could teach an impromptu natural childbirth class). There will be great support there, 2 good...