or Connect

Posts by messy mama

I just add a big squirt (about once around the tub) to the cold soak water, let agitate for a bit, stop and let it soak overnight.  It's quite amazing the next morning, when all you smell is the bac-out in the washer.  I don't add it to hot water because I've heard that kills the enzymes.  I also keep a spray bottle diluted with 1/2 water to spray directly onto dipes that may need a little extra help.   I don't add detergent until my hot wash.  I do an extra...
They're just covers. They are on sale at Kelly's Closet if you want to try them cheaper. I think that store offers free shipping on covers but you will need to double check, cuz I may be thinking of a different store.
Our pail is topless too, we wash avery 2/3 days. By the third days it does start to get a little stinky. If I can't wash them right at that moment, I take a prefold and put a couple of drops of TTO on it and lay it on top. Works great!
Quote: Originally Posted by BAU3 How did you come to realize this? Just curious.... By observation. I would watch her foot turn under at the side, almost folding, as she walked. I would then watch her fall and get hurt. I know kids stumble, I have two others, but this was different. It seemed like her feet were floppy and needed a little more support. So I thought I'd try a shoe instead of a leather sock. The difference was like night and...
We only used soft soles on DD until we realized that her feet actually needed support. The soft soles provide the support of a sock. I felt that was not healthy for DD's foot. So we no longer use them, unless she's playing in sand or grass. If she is on any hard surface she usually wears her extremely flexible, yet supportive Stride-Rites. Oh and these are a size 5. I forget what size they started at, though. I want say 4.
I hope it works for you too! My problem nipple is on my favorite boob too. Actually, I think I'm about healed up know. There is still a teeny scab, but blood is no longer dripping down the side of DD's chin. :shudder: And the color has come back to my face. I went ahead and stopped nursing on that side for about 24 hours, to give it time to heal. I just used my manual pump every once in a while, to relieve the pressure. Hopefully this will be the last...
We're in the process of fixing DD's (17 months) latch. Right before she's about to latch on, I open my mouth wide and say, "Ahhhh" while trying to touch my tongue to my chin. Yes, it is quite attractive. At first, she just looked at me like I was a freak. Then she started laughing and smiling. Then eventually she started to open her mouth the same way. I knew she would end up copying me, because before that she was saying, "Ow, ow, ow" every time she was about to...
Thank you! I think I'll try a nipple shield, I've never used one before. I'm sure DD will have something to say about it. My mom suggested I just nurse on the good side and pump the other side. I have never been able to get anything from a pump though, so it makes me not even want to bother. Thank you again for your advice. I hope you heal well.
My DD was having similar issues as your LO. I stopped soft soles completely and use Stride Rite now. They're soft, lightweight, and flexible. The main difference is that they offer support, which some kids actually need. Soft soled shoes are basically just socks. They have worked wonders. She no longer turns her foot in when she walks. Before she would be walking and just stumble to the ground. I started calling her Maggie from The Simpsons. I hope the shoes...
Lately, it's been very uncomfortable nursing DD on one side in. The other night she pulled off and blood dripped from my nipple onto her shirt and she had blood in her mouth. This is normal for me when I'm nursing brand new babies. This is the first time it's happened while nursing a toddler. I'm attributing it to her new found love of a sippy and her forgetting to latch properly. So we're working on that. And I've been trying to nurse on the other side more to let the...