or Connect

Posts by squiggles

My lo is 6 months old and just started biting a few weeks ago. She has 2 bottom teeth. She seems to bite down at the end of a nursing session, when she is tired, or if she is really hyper. What ive been trying is saying in a very soothing voice "gentle, no bite." I also watch to make sure she has her tongue over her teeth and actually wants to nurse. It seems to be helping because the few times I didnt pay attention while she was starting to nurse, I got bit, and as...
That is definitely true! I hate feeling stressed when im trying to nurse. The fingers i just keep removing and hope she will catch on. The biting happens so quickly that i cant intervene, im just trying to pop her off more quickly now when i see she is falling asleep. Thanks for your reply!
Im so glad to have come across this post! My lo is 6 months old and has 2 bottom teeth. They came in right after thanksgiving. The past week ive gotten bit so many times that im terrified of nursing right now! She broke skin once and it healed pretty quickly. Do i just have to wait this out? She doesnt do it on purpose...seems to happen when she drifts off. Shes also taken to feeding herself by squeezing my nipple and bringing it to her mouth, and trying to suck her...
Speaking of teeth, we had TWO come thru in the last week and M is only 5.5 months...Im scared for my nips lol! No crawling yet but i think she is getting close!
A girl i grew up with used to shave her arm hair. That was prob 15+ years ago. I think my sis also considered doing it but not sure if she followed thru. That was maybe 5+ years ago. As if we dont have enough grooming to do already :/
@moving toward , you are absolutely right. Both "sides" of the vaccine debate get so heated and some people do take that bullying approach. My current strategy i guess is one well visit at a time while i continue to research. Dd 6 month check is in dec so we will see how things are going then. She has off and on eczema and im 95% sure tomato allergy/sensitivity (which sucks cuz i LOVE tomato lol). My main concern right now is that i feel she is so sensitive, im afraid...
Ive made the same argument about having to get up a million times. I think that as long as she is still nursing at night she will be in bed with us. Late night random intimacy just isnt in the cards right now!
I dont have any advice but wanted to let u know that i can relate. My little girl just turned 4 months and its prob been a good 6 months now since we have had sex because i had 3rd trimester bleeding and was put on pelvic rest. Anyway, we cosleep, which wasnt planned, and dd wont nap without being held so our opportunities for intimacy are extremely slim. I also feel bad and like im neglecting hubby but hes thankfully pretty understanding right now. Every couple of...
Thanks for the recommendation! Things are slowly getting better! We've been dealing with complete bottle refusal but dd FINALLY drank a bottle of expressed milk today for my mom. Omly took two weeks! :/ progress lol
Im using the medela pump in style advanced. Was able to get it for free thru my ins company so definitely check into that! Its a double pump but i only pump one side at a time. I have a very fast let down so im able to pump both sides in about 10 mins and get about 4oz total. Ive actually been thinking of trying a small manual pump because it would be less to lug to work but we will see. Right now im only working half days so just pumping once while at work. When i...