or Connect

Posts by squiggles

@taximom5 thank u so much for posting! Dds appt is this friday and im 99% sure that i WONT be vaccinating at this time.
Thank you for the replies. We've definitely been dealing with colic or SOMEthing which plays a role in my reluctance. She seems to be one of those high needs little dudettes that i had never heard about until she came along lol. I guess deep down i know that the odds of something happening are slim but ive always found my life to be a shining example of murphys law, so am i being a little paranoid? Absolutely! Ive been researching vaccines for about a year on and off...
My dd is 15 weeks old and so far ive been putting off all vax's but her 4 month well visit is in 2 weeks so once again im revisiting the issue. I personally got the flu and tdap while pregnant at my doctors insistance. Its the first and probably only flu shot ive ever rec'd. Myself and hubby both got tdap and our arms HURT for at least 3 days...badly! I cant imagine what it would do to an infant :/ Anyway, i declined hep b at birth because i just feel dd isnt at risk....
Ugh, i go back to work in 1 week when dd is 16 weeks old because i HAVE to. Im dreading it, but dhs salary only covers our mortgage payment. Im truly annoyed with the scores of people who have said to me that if we really wanted to, we could "make it work." Ummm...no. if i dont work we have no food, no heat, no electric, etc. Im jealous of all the stay at home mommies
Thank you so much everyone for responding! I guess part of me was hoping for some easy answer because im just soooo dreading having to deal with pumping, but im not ready to risk that slippery slope with supplementing either. I tried pumping yesterday morning and this morning after one of dds early feeds and got 2oz and 1oz respectively, so im all set for about a half day of work lol. Im going to stick with it tho and see how things go. I know im going to have to try...
Thank you for replying! I mentioned the 20 min breaks in my other reply by accident, but i wanted to add also that im already extending my work day so i can take a long enough break to nurse at lunch. Normally i only get a half hour break but i have my hours arranged now so that id be able to take 45 mins on some days and 60 mins on the others.I guess im also having trouble figuring out how to get started. Pumping right after feeding is ibviously not being very...
Thanks for your reply! The longest she has gone during the day between feedings is 3 hours. Usually its about 1.5 to 2 hours. Overnight is anywhere from 3 to the occasional 7 hour stretch. So im definitely not comfortable with her eating nothing for that long while im at work, i just cant figure out how to manage pumping :/Technically i know im legally entitled to pump at work on my own time but in order to take say 2 20 min breaks like you suggest, id have to give up...
Hi moms! Im in need of a little direction here. My dd is 13 weeks old and ebf and i return to work in 2.5 weeks. Im desperately trying to figure out how to feed her while im away. My typical work day is about 10 to 6 and dd will be watched by my mom who lives close to my job. My current plan is to bf when i drop off about 930, then bf again around 2 at lunch, then again around 6 when i pick her up. My concern is that right now she is fed on demand and i dont want to...
I just ordered an ergo tonight and am sooo excited to see if i can figure out nursing in it!!
Generally speaking, if you are of average weight/build, you're supposed to gain between 25 and 35 pounds. Everyone is different and some people naturally gain more or less, but ithink that ACTIVELY trying to only gain 15 pounds could be very unhealthy for your baby. You can focus on losing weight after baby comes.