or Connect

Posts by squiggles

Spotty, i am also happy to leave behind the newborn days. They were nooooooooooo fun for us! Bring on crawling and playing lol
I think ppl in general stare because they just arent used to seeing it. Sadly it doesnt seem to be the norm anymore (tho i think that is changing again). In my almost 30 years of life i have only actually seen one woman bf and that was someone who brings her kids to my story time programs. I still havent worked up the nerve to nip lol.
I wish i could write a long response but i have a sleeping babe in my lap...i cant speak to your situation as a parent, but rather as the child. Without getting into too much detail, cuz believe me this is a long twisted family mess lol, my mom remarried when i was 12. Her husband has never been the "fatherly" type, not even to his own son. But i always felt he married my mom for her and didnt want much to do with the whole family dynamic. HIS family never accepted my...
My lo is 12 weeks and we have been seeing dr kaberwal at vernon pediatrics. I wouldnt say she is holistic, but she is a young dr, very attentive, spends alot of time with us and is good with our baby. So far im pleased. We r delaying some vaccines and she has been ok with that...just gives the usual speech about risks etc, but not pushy at all.
Im so glad i found this thread! My dd is 11 weeks and ill be returning to work full time on oct 7 when she is exactly 16 weeks. Im DREADING it! I do miss (most of) my coworkers but im already so stressed about being separated from dd and just the logistics of how on earth im supposed to manage this. Dd has been high needs from the start and will probably make my mom (who will thankfully be watching her) crazy. My main concerns are: A. Getting out of the house lol. ...
Well we r just shy of 11 weeks and im happy to report that things are definitely improving she is still held probably 20 + hours out of the day lol but at least she isnt ALWAYS crabby anymore. She enjoys kicking around on her changing table (supervised) for a few mins, is more tolerant in the car seat - meaning instead of crying instantaneously, she waits about 10 mins haha, and will usually sit in her bouncer long enough for me to take a super quick shower. I wish i...
I still havent NIP because im terrified to! My dd is 10 weeks old and i use the cover if im at someones house...and i HATE the cover, or i nurse in my car. Part of my discomfort i guess is definitely because it just isnt the norm for the main people in my life. At least once a week im being asked by SOMEone if ill be introducing formula or when ill be pumping for bottles (which i need to do soon because i return to work but im putting it off). Another problem is that...
Thank u both for the words of encouragement ive always been a career oriented person and didnt expect that the thought of going back to work would be soooo hard. Im hoping that my LO will settle down more in the coming weeks and my mind can be at least a little more at ease.
My little girl is 10 weeks old and i have only 6 weeks left of leave i know thats more than some people get, but it isnt enough. Im already making myself sick thinking about going back. The good thing is that my mom lives in the town i work and she will be watching her so i can visit during lunch. But right now i ebf and im dreading figuring out how much to pump and how/when to pump without screwing up my supply (had serious oversupply issues and dont want to make it...
Rural area or not, ANY suspicion of child abuse needs to be reported. Children often do not have a voice of their own and depend on someone else to save them. Im sorry, but if ur fil IS abusing her (and/or others), counseling isnt going to cut it. Jail time is in order. Think if it were ur kids on the end of suspected abuse. Im sure u would want someone who suspected it to report it. His words alone are cause for suspicion. Do it anonymously if u have to, but just...