or Connect

Posts by cheer4hen

Thanks everyone!~
I wish I would have researched more "what if's...."   I had a fantastic birth plan with no IVs, eat, drink, walk around during labor, no pain meds, go home 12 hours later... etc...    Then when the time really came to have my baby my water broke, and six hours later I went to the hospital because I wasn't having contractions. Of course they started me on a cascade of interventions leading to a C-Sec. I'll never regret that because me and my baby are happy and...
If only I could have gotten words out fast enough...
  I have felt obsessive before. I don't feel like that as much now; like I said, for me, it peaked during my pregnancy. Now I feel more of an anxiety about strangers touching my baby in general, rather than a specific obsessive feeling about needing to wipe him off, etc. 
I guess I always take some comfort though in knowing that certainly all babies, not just mine, are exposed to germs and new people. And my little guy is exposed to a fraction, or less, of the germs that babies in daycare centers are exposed to. So, any unwanted stranger touch is still probably WAY less germ interaction than most kids get. 
I wish I could have leaned away!! Unfortunately I was at a picnic table and would have had to actually do a back flip over the table (my back was to the table part).  I am usually very good at escaping awkward situations! It happened so fast, which left me feeling violated. I know that sounds ridiculous but I DO NOT want to be touched by strangers. And I do NOT want them touching my baby. If she would have crept in slowly, things would have gone different. I'm good at...
  I just want to say, while they are not using the term necessarily, they are still teaching the concept http://www.fbi.gov/fun-games/kids/kids-safety (click to the third slide) the second rule is "Stay away from strangers". 
How do you do this without sounding "overwhelming"? I seem to sound crazy when I tell people not to touch my child. But the more I've done it, the less I care that I do sound a little crazy.   For example, most recently, we were out at an outdoor restaurant on a Sunday afternoon (not exactly wild and crazy) listening to a band when a woman came up and touched my baby who was sitting on my lap (as close as possible to me). She positioned herself RIGHT in front of us...
Thanks!
My baby is almost one year old and I still get SUPER upset/panicky when strangers touch him. Is that normal? Or are most people letting their kids roll around on dirty floors by now? I should tell you upfront that I have no reason to be overly concerned, he has a healthy immune system, has never been sick, and is exclusively breastfed.   Here's a summary of my concern:   1-I have diagnosed OCD/Anxiety about germs, which peaked during my pregnancy, but has always...