or Connect

Posts by AmyRose89

Having a bit of a hormonal freak out day. My husband works in landscaping, but during the winter he is on snow removal. We've been having ice today and it looks like 4 to 5 inches of snow tonight. Which means he won't be home for at least 24 hours. I'm only 36 weeks (will be 37 Sunday), but we still have so much to do...and the more he is gone, the less gets done. Also every time there is snow on the ground I get freaked out because I'm planning on a hospital water birth...
Here are some of mine (I've been really obnoxious and have taken pictures almost every week on instagram)! I threw in some first trimester pics as well, hope that's okay!           ...and I'm 30 weeks today! Forgot to take a picture though. I'm saving it for next week at my baby shower. : ) All you ladies are so beautiful! Congrats to all of you!
@Neycie: Thanks for the input! Yeah, that's exactly why I wanted to bypass the test. But being a first time mom (aka in my case pretty paranoid) I didn't want to NOT test myself, so I'm glad I got the meter! It's actually pretty fascinating how it all works. I didn't know the first thing about insulin a week ago. haha.    @Dalia: I'm so sorry you are going through that! I am 25 weeks pregnant.   @LucyLucy: Yes, that totally makes sense with my diet. I am going to start...
Thanks for the bump!   I skipped over this part on this website, which is what I used to test myself.   A Special Consideration if You Have Been Eating A Low Carb Diet If you are currently eating a low carb diet--especially a diet that provies less than 75 g of carbohydrate a day, your post-meal test result will be slightly higher than it would be if you were eating over 150 grams of carbs a day. That is why, if you were going in for an official post-meal test or a...
Hello mommas!   I bought myself a blood glucose meter yesterday, as I wanted to start checking my own blood sugars. I was preparing to deny the 1 hour glucose test at my next prenatal (I'm 24 weeks currently). I followed the guidelines on this website: http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14046889.php   I am also 24 years old, a healthy weight, and have no family history. I eat primarily paleo/traditional foods and exercise a few times a week.   I woke up and took my...
Here's mine!   http://www.amazon.com/registry/baby/1FQCNLKVEGR2D   I am a first time mommy, young and naive. Haha. I have no idea what I'm doing, but right now I'm pretty happy with what I've got listed. I am *praying* people actually buy us the cloth diapers/diapering accessories/newborn honest diapers, feeding accessories, carrier/sling and carseat. I kept going back and forth about the bucket seat. Our friends gave us a Graco stroller, so I figured with a winter...
Hello Everyone!   I just joined the due date club. Due Dec 29th with my first baby - a girl! : )   Here is my list!   Baby: Finalize baby shower plans Figure out sleeping arrangement Figure out which stroller/carseat we want Read about breastfeeding Research newborn interventions Possibly hire a doula? Start Hypnobabies Write out birthing plan Pre-treat any cloth diapers we receive before baby is born   Nursery: Clean floor Buy large area rug Re-paint...
Yes, I definitely plan on doing that! I just really have a hard time believing it was the henna - all 3 times I made sure to use pure henna (besides the addition of the hibiscus tea) and I have never heard/read about anyone having a similar reaction during pregnancy. I thought I was doing the right thing by going the pure natural route. Crazy stuff!   I actually just got back from the doctor, who seemed to think it may have been the henna and not round ligament pain....
Hello! I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my first, and am hoping some of you here can ease my fears. I had intercourse with my husband last night and a while later started experiencing some trapped gas. As the night wore on it seemed to worsen a bit. I was able to relieve quite a bit of gas by changing positions in bed/walking around for a while, but the pain persisted. It's the worst very low, right above my vagina, towards my left side. It has definitely improved, but the...
Hello everyone! I found this thread through a google search and am in need of some advice. I'm so thankful to have found you guys!   I'm pretty sure I passed some sort of worm yesterday (About 1-1/1'' long, off white, tan colored), and have since been checking my stool and have seen little white things. I have seen those white things for a while but never thought anything of them. Also a bit of blood (that is a new development as far as I know). It wasn't a pinworm...