or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by electricalaskan

No problem! I hope that can help! I'm so glad that you have a solid backup plan. Dr. Heather Bane with Alaska Women's Health performed my c-section. She was very kind, and even sealed up my incision with surgical glue so that I would not have to deal with external stitches or staples! Tremendous of her! I'm not sure how GW is on home births. I wish I knew more about that!
Hey there! I've had friends who have given birth at Geneva Woods and Heritage Birth Center, and had great experiences. My friend who recently gave birth at GW was home within hours and her baby is very happy and healthy! My friend who have birth at Heritage is very tiny and her children were over nine pounds each! So, there's a great success story there! I personally gave birth at Providence Medical Center because I had a childhood kidney condition and didn't know what to...
Hi there! I lived in FBX for seven years and then moved to ANC to be with the guy I ended up marrying. We had our baby girl in November =) Long story made short, my birth didn't turn out as I had hoped; it culminated into a c-section due to a narrow pelvis and my body did not allow breastfeeding to work out due to that and possible IGT. Therefore I'm not able to do certain things as I has hoped. But, what can you do, right? You just take good care of your baby and treasure...
I didn't see your reply until just now—thank you for taking the time!
Cool! I'm not in town this year but maybe next year! Bartlett is the main hospital there and I'm not aware of any birthing centers there. I bet you anything that if you did advertise locally on coffee shop cork boards or contacted birthing classes at the hospital that you'd have luck. It's such a small community so that works well. I also think that the community is open to someone with talents like yours!
Hey everyone! My girl is almost 11 weeks old. She sleeps pretty well—she'll do 6-8 hours each night, which makes for very happy parents and a bright-eyed baby in the morning! Our eat-wake-sleep cycle is a blast; bottle (can't bf due to medical issues), play/chat, then a 1-3 hour nap, depending on what's going on. Overall, she's a great baby. But here's where my concern is: she can only sleep well on me, in a carrier, or in a swing. And she's constantly spitting up. I...
Welcome! I think you'll like Mothering. I was in the same boat as you and now I feel fairly confident... my baby girl is now 10.5 weeks and very healthy I feel like I owe that to the support I've gotten here at Mothering! Something that's been helpful to me has been The Wonder Weeks, at least after my baby came. It's helped me crack her code Pre-baby, I think what helped me the most was Red Raspberry Leaf tea and meditation. I ended up requiring an emergency c-section...
Congratulations and welcome! My husband and I also had our first baby, also a girl!, in November
Down the street from me there's a family of nine! Then again, I live in Alaska, where there are plenty of folks (mostly religious) who have very large families so it is almost normal to me. I know at least two of those families I know don't vaccinate. They're homeschool families and one of them is out in the less-populated area. Alaska isn't a densely populated state so illness like this isn't terribly prevalent, but the vaccinated population I think does assist the...
Thank you! 99% of people seem to understand, if I discuss it. The other 1% are just awful and it seems my brain remembers them more than most! Thank you! She is starting to get better Bath time at night is the ticket, I tell you, to a peaceful night!
New Posts  All Forums: