or Connect

Posts by pt33333

It was actually an endocrinologist that prescribed the birth control pills.  They mentioned other hormonal treatments if that didn't work, but wanted me to start with the BC pills. Made it sound like the other hormonal treatments were more extreme. Just had the one-year follow-up with the endocrinologist a few weeks ago and since I haven't had any hives since going on the pills, they said to just keep taking them for now.  And that I don't need to go back to see them...
Springshowers, I am totally a work in progress with this, too.  I also find it amazing that me (and the kids) do tend to leave things out thinking it's "so much work" to put things away.  But when you actually take the time to do it, it's really no time at all.  So instead of taking 20 seconds to put stuff away right after using them, we end up spending an hour putting away everything that's been left out since last time we cleaned everything up.  I'm still not perfect...
Having a place or everything doesn't mean it has to be labeled.  Basically, it means knowing what you have and where it goes, and then keeping everything where it belongs when not in use.  The storage should also make some kind of sense, but it only needs to make sense to you and your family.  You don't have to do it exactly the way anyone else does.  And you don't need to label everything.  I label plastic totes that aren't see-through (generally stuff that's in storage...
My daughter first started having body odor occasionally at 8.  She's 9 1/2 now and we just bought her first training bra.  Doesn't really need a bra, but she's not "flat" anymore. We got it so she can be used to wearing one and working with them when she really does need it.   I asked the doctor when she first started showing breast buds about a year ago.  He did say it was a little early, but within normal range.  He also said that it is just really the beginning...
I'm sort of starting this weekend.  Going shopping tomorrow for supplies to do some knitted boot slippers for my daughter, my niece's 3 daughters and probably my sisters.  The pair this weekend will be for me, though, as a test run before making any I'll be giving away.  Plus, I want a pair before the cool fall weather starts.   I just remembered that I have actually started, though. I've canned one batch of pickles and most of those jars will be gifts.  Still have...
Just found this thread.  I'm hoping to get a bunch of handmade stuff done this year.  I usually give home canned goods to my parents, in-laws and siblings and to bring as hostess gifts for holiday parties I'm invited to.  This year I'll be making pickles, salsa and apple pie filling.  Those will go in a basket with some homebaked bread or muffins.  My sisters and I get together in December and make tons of liqueur truffles.  I use those for gifts for teachers and coaches...
I've been reading through all the posts in this thread and loving it.  I used to bake more regularly, but fell out of the habit.  With fall coming and the super hot weather we've had this summer (hopefully) almost over I'm going to start again.  I used to bake wheat bread each week for sandwiches as well as muffins and quick breads.  I want to get back into baking our sandwich bread regularly again as well as trying my hand at burger and sub rolls.  And I am going to...
I almost never buy packaged, prepared foods.  Too many ingredients I don't want to have and I actually don't like most of them.  I do cook from scratch almost every day, but it's not always complex stuff.  And I don't cook a big meal 3 times a day.  Breakfast is muffins, yogurt, fruit, and sometimes eggs or waffles/pancakes.  Lunch is usually sandwiches or leftovers.  Dinner is the meal I cook most.  Many days it is just chicken breasts cooked on the stove with some...
I would be fine with her not taking the job.  Because since she only met with them the one time and they were explaining the job, my feeling is she didn't actually have a job yet.  So, it's not quitting, just turning down a job offer that's not right for her.  At that age, it is not appropriate to expect her to work that long without a break (not to mention illegal most places).  Even without the no-break issue, a 6.5 - 7 hour job for a first job at 15 is a bit much....
My now 17yo son was great at self-entertaining when he was younger.  He would play Legos, draw or color, play outside - all kinds of things.  My 9yo daughter is the complete opposite.  She always wants me to play with her.  Since there is a 7 1/2 year age difference, there's not a lot of them playing together, although he will play board games or play outside with her sometimes.  Even when she's doing solo play things, she wants me to be there with her, watching her and...