or Connect

Posts by nolamama123

Thanks Butterscotch, nice to have a due date buddy.  Especially since we're at the end of the month and a lot of the ladies are quite a bit ahead of us. I think the kids will all adjust fine, they are just worried about us loving this one more because it's my new man's and not their dad's.  He's been raising them (what a lucky woman I am) with me for the past few years and though they had some rough patches, especially right after their dad died, they adore him.  But I...
I work as a bartender at a busy New Orleans bar/grill.  Not sure really how long I plan on continuing, but seeing as I already have 5 kids it will probably be until I start knocking bottles around with my belly.  I only work 3 times a week but they are long hard shifts,  we'll see.  Probably drop one shift around 6 months and another at 8 and just work my shorter day shift til I pop. With my previous pregnancies I occasionally worked outside the home, depending on our...
I had my first at 19.  I had received OB care until 37 weeks when her very presence began to make me want to commit violent crimes.  This evil woman could NOT be the first person to touch my child.  I received standard care I suppose, but horrible advice and zero support.  She wouldn't even discuss natural childbirth, she says she doesn't see the point and that all women change their mind and beg for the epidural. I went to the library and checked out the emergency...
I'm Amelie, due Jan30 with #6 but all the others ran late, between 41 and 44 weeks.  I live in New Orleans now but lived in Las Vegas for 9 years before I moved here.  All 5 were born at home, the first a planned UC and the next 4 with the same awesome midwife who I got to work with as an assistant for 8 years. This one was a surprise and my mans first child.  My older kids have the same dad, who died 3 years ago, though we'd been seperated since 06.  They are warming...