or Connect

Posts by Llyra

Honestly? I think you should use the antibiotics. The fact that antibiotics are often overused or used inappropriately does not change the fact that they have a purpose, and treating dangerous infections is an appropriate use.
I think that forced apologies, backing kids into situations where they feel like they have to lie to stay out of "trouble," etc., only backfire. I remember being treated like that-- I know you're lying, and you'll stay in your room until you're ready to tell me what really happened, and thinking how ridiculous the whole thing was because my mom KNEW what happened. I don't think it's the best way to teach them about the truth. It can help a lot to just circumvent the...
Yeah, I was thinking that missing sleep regularly, even if it's just a little bit a day, could really wear down a kid's vitality and immune function, over time. So making sleep a top priority would be my first thing, if a kiddo wasn't looking well. (Keeping in mind, too, that three years old is a difficult age, with sleep, and with emotional issues, too-- my three year olds were always hair-triggered emotionally, inclined to be explosive, and very easily frustrated. ...
How is he sleeping?
Have them straightened! It's not just about cosmetics. My teeth are crooked and crowded-- they were crowded at that age, and they've gotten steadily more crooked over time, as the crowding affected their alignment. I never had braces because of poverty-- my mother was a single mother with no insurance and no financial resources. I have so many problems now as a result-- I had chronic pain on one side of my jaw, where there was pressure from crowding. I had a molar...
I would be interested to see what you read. Roseola is not caused by antibiotics-- at least, none of the reputable sources I've checked have ever discussed any connection. It is a routine childhood illness caused by a virus-- it is self-limiting, and typically not dangerous at all.OP, I am so glad your LO is feeling better. All of mine had roseola, and it was upsetting to me-- the fever goes so high, and they seem so miserable.
Yeah. Yeah, that's it exactly. Sometimes, on rare occasions, I enjoyed the attention. Especially at first. But it got so that every single time we went anywhere at all, we had to stop and let somebody else get their chance to glow in the reflected light, and it was damn irritating. I wanted to be able to go buy milk without having to put on a show. Even now, we get way more attention than the other families with children I see around us, and I get so tired of it.I...
I'm going to move this out to the main forum, as per the forum guidelines. I wish you the best of luck in resolving your situation. It sounds like you're really struggling, seeing your baby uncomfortable and not knowing how to resolve it. I hope that you find some answers, and soon.
Welcome to MDC! I'm going to move this out to the main forum, as per the forum guidelines. That forum moves faster, and I think you'll get more answers and support out there. I wish you the best of luck!
I am going to move this out to the main forum, as per forum guidelines, and also because that forum moves more quickly. What you're describing is a frustrating situation, but it's also fairly common, and I think you'll find that out on the main forum, you will get more support. I've dealt with slow letdown before. And it's frustrating. It's especially frustrating because it seems like the more you worry about it, the worse it gets, because the stress can inhibit the...