or Connect

Posts by Llyra

My kids got different kinds of fats early on-- I fed meat fairly early, and also buttered veggies and rice, added olive oil to foods, and in lots of other ways. Babies need plenty of fat for normal growth and development, and also, food tastes better when it's got some fat. Avocado is full of healthy fats. That's a common first food. I don't think there's any reason to delay fats. But then again, I'm not all that into baby food as a separate category of food-- my kids...
I coslept with all mine for at least a year. No, I did not go to bed the same time as them, except for in the very earliest months. By four months, my kids were going to bed substantially earlier than I was. I would nurse them or rock them down, and then leave them to sleep until I came to bed. Once they were mobile, we were sleeping on a futon mattress placed directly on the floor, in a babyproofed room, so I did not hesitate to leave them.
Hardest is going directly from 1 to 3. That was hard.
Okay, I get buying it to use when you're out, or when other kids will be having juice pouches and your kids want them to. That's why I send the fruitables to school with DD-- because she wants to have what everybody else has, and those are a better option than the Hi-C that most kids here bring. I was thinking you meant routinely at home-- and I was thinking that for us, at least, it would get awfully expensive to be buying watered-down juice in pouches to drink on a...
That's the thing, too-- two week old babies fuss. They fuss for many, many reasons, and it only sometimes has to do with feeding. They fuss because all the sensations of being outside in the big world are all brand-new, and it's overwhelming, and they have no coping skills or ability to communicate besides fussing. I myself personally think it's a mistake to immediately assume that newborn fussiness must be due to mama's diet, in the absence of other symptoms. I had...
I forgot about bleach. I, also have used bleach on a few occasions-- maybe twice, or three times? Bleach, used on a regular basis, is not good for the diapers. It can increase wear. Bleach is also not the wisest environmental choice. But bleach is certainly preferable, in my opinion, to enduring stink and rash and repelling.I know for sure I used it when DD had c.diff. And I used it with the yeast, not the first time, when I boiled, but later. And I occasionally...
I don't understand buying deliberately watered-down juice. (Unless of course they're watering down the price, too.) I agree with watering juice-- I watered my kids' juice when they were toddlers and preschoolers, too. But to pay money to have somebody else water it means I'm getting less juice for my money, which is senseless when my water at home is nearly free. Why not just buy real juice, and water it yourself? My DD1 does take juice boxes to school. I can't...
I'm moving this out to the main forum, as per the forum guidelines. OP-- I'm glad you seem to be doing a little bit better. It sounds like he's both struggling with the oversupply (hence the thrashing, gassiness, etc.) but also that when the flow ISN'T so strong, he's fussing because he wants it to be faster. Which is enough to drive a newly postpartum mother into the depths of frustration, isn't it? You've gotten some good suggestions so far. I'd add that most...
I'm going to move this out to the main forum, as per the forum guidelines. OP, what you're describing is a situation that is unfortunately very common. I think you'll get more support and answers out on the main forum, which is more active. I wish you the best of luck in your situation. And congratulations on baby's birth!
It's not true. I'm sure you knew that already but I know it's helpful to find out you're not the only one who knows it. Probably what happened is she met a few families with dairy-intolerant babies, and drew her own conclusions, and she's trying to "save you the trouble." I had a nurse like that, who'd seen a boy with a paraphimosis, and had declared herself the savior of all the office's baby boys-- she told me "well, the docs here will tell you you don't HAVE to...