or Connect

Posts by Llyra

I didn't do this. But I'll agree that it will help the covers and pockets last longer-- my Fuzzi Bunz (old style) and my covers survived my wash routine just fine, through three kids, and got passed down to another family. But my Bum Genius (they were 2.0s) and my Sposo-Easy AIOs didn't make it-- the elastic gave out a few months before my last child toilet-trained. Now, they'd been washed nearly every single day for some five years, but I suspect they might have...
Okay. I may get shouted down for this-- I cloth diapered awhile ago, before it seems like everybody's wash routines got really complicated. But I did cloth diaper three kids, and for six months I cloth diapered all three of them at once, so I feel like I have some qualifications. I never did anything special. I bought whatever detergent was on sale at the supermarket that week. The only one that ever gave us trouble was Tide-- DD1's skin turned red (or it might have...
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question. But I am going to move your thread out to the nursing beyond infancy forum-- I believe you will get more responses there, because it seems to me that this must be a fairly common challenge. Best of luck to you.
The introduction of the bottle does send up some red flags for me. Not that I want to give anybody guilt for using a bottle-- far from it. But while not every baby is subject to nipple confusion, some are, and when it happens, it can be difficult to overcome. My own kids seem prone to it-- I struggled with nipple confusion with two of them. Once I succeeded in getting baby back on the breast, and the other time I didn't, and wound up pumping for a long, long...
I'm going to move this out to the general forum, as per the forum guidelines, because the difficulty you're experiencing is fairly common, and I believe you'll get more responses out there. Best of luck to you! I had horrible pain with my first, even though everything was apparently just fine and normal. It didn't become apparent until she was nearly two, and having issues with speech and learning to eat solids, that she had an oral motor control issue. We wound up...
I have four year old twins. My kids don't really like puzzles. They do them once, and then they're done, and they never touch it again. But they love stuff like Playmobile-- we have a few sets of that, and similar stuff, plus they still play with the toddler sets like Little People. Dress up clothes are always a real hit, too, especially if they're things the kids can put on and take off without adult help. I shy away from board and card games largely because without...
Woops. I didn't even notice. I hope, OP, that everything worked out for the best.
Cluster feeding is baby's way of building up your supply. For this process to work, baby has to be allowed to do it. In my opinion, four weeks old is too young to be thinking about long-term habits. You're not even through the six-week growth spurt, yet. It can be helpful to know that the peak of infant fussiness is between 4 and 6 weeks-- during this time, it is common and normal for baby to be extremely fussy, want to nurse nearly constantly, and have meltdown...
Honestly, it sounds like a situation that would be really difficult to manage, even if you could nurse openly-- small room, no AC. What happens if baby is fussy and needs to be walked around, or something? I don't think I'd go, and if anybody was disappointed, I'd explain that it would be too much for the baby. I've had to turn down more than a few invitations, because of the hours or the situation being too much for my kids-- that's not an unusual thing, and anybody...
That's definitely a possibility-- I mean, I tell DS all the time that I'm going to mail him to Tahiti, or sell him to the mailman, and stuff like that, but he knows I'm joking, and so it's funny, and we laugh like loons together about it. But I've been shocked about what some people think is okay, and I would want to be sure, before my kid was alone with this person.