or Connect

Posts by Llyra

I'll admit, my impulse would be to answer like this.Or, if I really didn't want to get into it, I'd bite my tongue, and ignore. Then I'd make good and sure my child was never, ever alone with this person.See, here's what worries me-- if she is serious, and she really does think it's okay for somebody to hit their neighbor's kid, then I would be concerned that she'd think it was okay to hit your kid, if she felt it was "deserved."
I would be nervous about a bunk bed, with them so young. The problem with the top bunk, in my experience, is when a half-asleep and bewildered child tries to get up at night. Even the sturdiest ladder can be a problem, in those circumstances. My six year old fell recently, coming down from her top bunk in the middle of the night-- and she's got no problems using it safely during the day. (And remind me to tell you about the time she needed to throw up, late at night,...
Updating-- I washed it, with a small amount of detergent, on a gentle cycle, in cold water. Then I hung it up to dry. Anyway, I had no issues getting it back on the carseat, and my van smells so much fresher now. I would love to hear some discussion from those in-the-know, about whether those piddle pads are safe-- I've always heard that anything that goes between the child and the seat can potentially affect the performance of the seat, unless it was sold with the...
I gained about 45 pounds with my twins, who were born at just short of 37 weeks. I wish I'd gained more. I gained most of it in the first two trimesters-- I was averaging about a pound a week. I was eating a very high-protein diet, and eating four meals a day, to sustain that weight gain. But in the third trimester, I was on bedrest, and the lack of activity meant I had very little appetite for food. Plus, I had horrible heartburn, and I could only eat tiny amounts at...
Most of the eggs that you can buy that talk about their high-omega 3 content are from chickens that have been fed flax in their feed. So yeah, if you have problems with flax, that's likely the problem.Look for locally-raised pastured eggs-- from chickens that are allowed to scratch for themselves, and that therefore eat the bugs and worms and stuff that chickens will eat if unconfined. Those are my first choice in eggs. It can take some looking, if you don't have a big...
No, Annette, I think you win. Seriously. I only had the two year old...
Phooey on you. I had a two year old when my twins were born. So there.
We don't eat it, but that's because DS is allergic, and because it doesn't agree with my colitis.
I'm wondering-- have you read up on the issue of overactive letdown or oversupply? I'm only wondering because the symptoms you're describing-- fussiness during or right after a feed, and lots of spit-up, are also sometimes present when mama's letdown comes really fast, or when baby's getting too much milk because of oversupply. I would encourage you to look into it-- kellymom.com is a great resource for accurate breastfeeding information. As far as non-dairy-- I took...
This is the way I do it, too. I always at least partially bag my own-- that's just how it works at the store where I shop. I always make a point of getting the eggs into a separate bag, with light, fragile stuff like rolls or crackers on top. Then I put it in a protected spot in the van. I learned this lesson the hard way, after a whole dozen eggs broke, in the bottom of a bag, and then the whole carton flipped, and the ooze was all over the inside of the bag and it...