or Connect

Posts by Llyra

If you really suspected IBD, then yeah, I'd be pushing for diagnosis. UC and Crohns can get serious very quickly, and the complications can be dangerous or even fatal. However, if the only symptom is some pain, and loose stools, I wouldn't be thinking IBD right away, I don't think, despite the family history. I have moderate UC, and when it's active it's a lot more dramatic than that-- there's bleeding, weight loss, intense pain, and brisk, frequent, foul-smelling...
I am going to move this to Lactivism. Best of luck to the OP-- that sounds like a difficult situation.
I would highly recommend visiting kellymom. www.kellymom.com is a terrific source of information both for a good introduction, and also for getting help with any challenges that may arise along the way.
The Turbobooster is awesome. It's a great price, for a very well-made seat. If you get the one with the back, it converts later on to a backless. It's comfortable, and comes in a variety of styles, which makes it appealing to kids. And I can say with confidence that tall, skinny kids fit great in it. My six year old wears size 8 clothes, by height, and size 5, by weight-- she's the original string bean-- and she fit well in it beginning at about age 4 1/2, and still...
Thanks! I'm going to, ASAP.
Is this a safety issue? DD2 peed in hers. She's done it before, and we've just swabbed it off and aired it, but this time, I can't get the stink out, and now my whole van smells like pee. It's hot out, and the smell is just building up in there-- it smells like a dirty men's room. (Sorry for the vivid description- just trying to give an idea of the magnitude of the problem.) Would it really affect the performance of the seat, if I tossed it in the wash? Handwash...
Agreeing-- my DD1 failed the hearing test, by a slim margin. We had her retested, and she did just fine. What I found out, after talking carefully with her, is that it took awhile for her to fully understand what they wanted, and to be confident that the very soft sounds she WAS hearing were in fact the sounds they were talking about-- she was waiting for something a whole lot louder and more obvious, and was timid about answering when she wasn't sure what she was...
If donor milk was not an option, I would be using a commercial formula. If the cow's milk-based formula is not an option, I would be looking into the elemental formulas. Soy formula would be the next choice, after that, for me. I am wary of homemade formulas-- without clear data on the nutritional makeup of these, it is difficult to tell whether baby is truly getting a balance of all the essential nutrients required for growth and development. HFCS is obviously not...
After about six to eight weeks of age, lots of babies start pooping very infrequently. It's because breastmilk is digested so efficiently. It's entirely normal and as long as the poop is soft when it comes, and there are no other red flags like poor weight gain, there's no problem. It doesn't happen to all kids-- my DS, for example, was an every-fourth-day guy, but his twin sister continued to "go" four or five times a day all the way until she was weaned. Both have...
I started my toddler in preschool a few months after our twins were born. She was a month before turning 3 when she started. I'm very glad I didn't start her before the twins were born. In the last few weeks before the birth, I would have been completely unable to handle transporting her there and back. Also, in the first few weeks after the birth, I also would have struggled with getting her there-- it would have locked us into a fixed start time in the morning, and...