or Connect

Posts by erindaugherty

I will be at the VC at the Shops at Mission Viejo in Mission Viejo California July 1 at 1. I didn't read everybody's post on all the pages...are there anyother Orange County Mama's?? Erin Real Housewives from Orange County Breastfeed!!!
When I start a client on Fenugreek I also have them take Blessed Thistle....I think the two work great together long term.
Hey I got a message about a "nurse'in" at Victoria's Secret Jusy 1 at 1pm. Is there any info about it on MDC?? I will be at the Shops at Mission Viejo in California if it really goes on. Erin
I briefly read over this post. I am an NICU RN who also runs a milk bank for Prolacta. I am going to ignore all the mud-slinging that usually gets dished to me on MDC.....and answer your questions about our milk. ALL Prolacta milk is 100% breast milk protein, fat and CHO. THERE is no product from cow's milk at all. The so called "human milk fortifier" used in NICU's typically is from Similac or Enfamil and is cow's milk protein based. Prolacta's Prolact-24, Prolact...
just like any drug company who spends millions on developing a new drug....Prolacta has spent $$$ developing their formulations. Why on earth would they market a product they didn't have available?? HMBANA milk banks have dwindeled down in numbers in the last few decades....I know it costs them about $8 an ounce to pasturize their milk and they sell it for $3. This leave $5 an ounce that they have to raise some other way. Maybe that is why they have all had to...
One more thing about waaa's comment...Prolacta is only 9 months old...what "past" are you talking about?? The first batch of Prolact 24 was just made up about a week ago. Please stop throwing mud at us.
OK..to add a little humor here: Repeat 10 times: Prolacta milk is for SICK babies in the NICU, not healthy babies! Prolacta milk is for SICK babies in the NICU, not healthy babies! Prolacta milk is for SICK babies in the NICU, not healthy babies! Prolacta milk is for SICK babies in the NICU, not healthy babies! Prolacta milk is for SICK babies in the NICU, not healthy babies! Prolacta milk is for SICK babies in the NICU, not healthy babies! Prolacta milk is for...
I posted this on the Lactavist site...I am going to copy it here too...PLEASE send your questions and I will truthfull answer them...I hate it that people are listening and believing unture things about Prolacta Milk Banks Erin Daugherty, RN,BSN,Lactation Intern, Milk Bank Director Copy: I am an NICU RN and I run the other milk bank in Orange County at the Birth Connection in Fullerton. We are a "Prolacta" milk bank also. It absolutely breaks my heart that...
OH, I forgot to dispell the price myth: In full compliance with the WHO code for marketing breastmilk substitutes Prolacta milk is NEVER packaged in a bottle which a nipple can be attached to (unlike HMBANA milk which comes in a bottle that a standard nipple screws right in to) Prolacta milk is packages in 10 cc syringes. A preemies eats about 10-30 cc a day. That's 1/3 of and ounce to 1 ounce.Then they graduate to about 6-8 ounces a day. The average cost to...
I am an NICU RN and I run the other milk bank in Orange County at the Birth Connection in Fullerton. We are a "Prolacta" milk bank also. It absolutely breaks my heart that people would rather believe rumors about Prolacta than actaully ask someone who works for them if the rumors are true. However, I am going to try to break up your bad feeling towards us.... True, we are a for profit milk bank. We are paid $2 an ounce for the milk we collect. That is the only...