or Connect

Posts by happilymomma2

Good find kathymuggle! Interesting that Pentacel isn't mentioned which comes to the US but BVG and typhoid was... That leads me to my original concern. If mold was found, birds nesting in air vents and unsterile handling of the vaccines, where is the recall?! What about the lots sitting on shelves that MAY be contaminated? Why wouldn't this be news? Contaminants in vaccines worry me. The fact that each lot can differ in it's active and inactive ingredients and can...
The injected vaccines to equal 5 would be DTaP, HIB, IPV, pneumococcal (Prevnar), Hep B at 4 months and flu at 6 months. As far as monovalent vaccines I really just meant individual but isn't Acthib monovalent? Hep B? IPV? They are still getting countless antigens injected regardless if it's a mega shot or individual. I'm not talking 1 today and 1 a month from now, I'm talking all at once. So how would you determine which vax caused a rx? It's still all in the same...
From the same link "Administration (FDA) conducted a routine inspection of Sanofi-Pasteur's Canadian manufacturing facility where portions of Pentacel® vaccine are manufactured and have identified needed process improvements for the facility." If it were bad enough to stop production then how can they say safety isn't an issue? Blech, I really dont like this.
I've heard that there has been a "shortage" of this vaccine and many offices are using monovalent vaccines in leiu of. A nurse recently revealed that she has had to give babies 5 actual injections at well baby visits to keep them up to date (3 in one leg, 2 in the other and rota down the throat). Shesh However, a MD recently said that Pentacel was unavailable because the CDC went to the plant in Canada and the manufacturing wasn't meeting pharmaceutical standards so they...
I wonder if the vinegar keeps the whitish, mineral buildup off your heating coils? I didn't really notice it until now. Think the vinegar will disolve it over time?
Wanted to come back and give a shout out to dbsam! Vinegar in the dishwasher made my glasware sparkle! Silverware came out shiny and clean too and that doesn't always happen! Thanks for the tip! Had any luck A&A?
Wanted to come back and give a shout out to dbsam! Vinegar in the dishwasher made my glasware sparkle! Silverware came out shiny and clean too and that doesn't always happen! Thanks for the tip! Had any luck A&A?
http://www.globalacademycme.com/news/skin-allergy-news/single-view/tdap-vaccine-may-cause-reactions-in-milk-allergic-children/18ef1a5959dd60e903348e1ad187434d.html This article even says that this has not been yet reported in the medical literature. It makes me wonder how many offices observe something odd and just roll with it.
Ivyc1987, good for you! You should feel proud for choosing to do research on vaccines before allowing your child to receive them. You are still in a position to make the best decision for your family. Once it's done, it's done. When I told my child's MD that I had concerns, he sent me to a Children's Hospital website for information (propaganda). It was scary stuff and we made some decisions based on fear. It took us a bit to regather and look deeper. When we did, we...
I have also wondered this. Even though I think about it frequently, I am careful not to bring it up. Getting vaccinated on schedule is definitely the norm around here. I worry if anyone finds out that we have made different choices we will be shunned and that would be unfortunate for my children. At the same time I want to beg everyone with babies to research vaccines before they take them for "shots.". If only they knew what are in them! When someone complains of...