or Connect

Posts by filamentary

they're still only saying "we don't have enough evidence yet", and they do know aluminum causes DNA mutations. it's safe to say the jury's still out on this one. i'm going with the precautionary principle here, and choosing the path least likely to cause harm to my health (w/ no ethical qualms b/c this path imposes no risk to anyone else's).
i think it's unwise to pretend to be ahead of the research – no one knows the answer for sure about the link between breast cancer & aluminum. that's why it's still being so heavily researched. because the top minds in the field still believe there very well may be a link, and aren't ready to dismiss or definitively conclude what that link is. per the following link, "Clinical studies showing a disproportionately high incidence of breast cancer in the upper outer quadrant...
wait, so, the "new nonfiction" method is the old method that wasn't working, or is the new one you've discovered that's landed you neck deep in good books? if the former, what is this new strategy that's working out so well? =)
we considered this for a bit, but then after reading a bit about breastfeeding just in the context of what it will entail for me, we immediately thought of all these reasons it would be more trouble than it's worth.  but we also thought that we were the only people in the world to consider this idea.  i certainly didn't expect to come across a thread on here about it!  it's a while still before we have to decide, so in case she really wants to, it seems like a good time to...
we hope to be pregnant soon, so i'll check back to this thread and if you're still gathering participants at that time, i'm happy to help.
another reason not to stress the BBT: it is only helpful, really, for giving you information over a period of months prior to actually TTC.  when it's actually time, and you're about to ovulate, the only thing your temperature tells you is that you haven't ovulated yet, not how many more days you have to go.  but i, too, have a hard time telling what the heck i'm looking at when it comes to my CM, or what i'm supposed to be feeling.  i can tell when my cervix feels "firm,...
just thought i'd chime in with my experience.  first of all, when kids were trying their hand at making sexualized comments when i was in late elementary school, they always went for butts, not boobs.  not sure if that was just b/c i'm bootlicious  or if that was just the differing culture, or just the individuals i encountered who were trying their hands at that thing they didn't quite understand yet called flirtation (always tinged with a bit of mean-spirited teasing...
 the crystals are made of alum, which is short for ammonium aluminum sulfate.  i get sooo tired of crystal deodorant manufacturers advertising their products as aluminum-free (and constantly running into people who have been misled), b/c not only are they not aluminum-free, this aluminum salt is the only ingredient in them (so, 100% concentration, instead of being just one of many other constituent ingredients).  honestly, i've tried more deodorant/anti-perspirants than i...
yeah, as a few others have mentioned, i don't know how in the world a random stranger is going to know that the little 4-yr-old kid is a girl or a boy.  and also, if you're afraid that some person is thinking disgusting things b/c of a topless child, then it really doesn't matter what type of kiddo, you probably are putting a shirt on the kid for some reason other than because it's your little girl (would you be okay with pervy thoughts about your son of the same age?  i...
 yes, another good point!  if you're hungry, then it would *seem* totally safe to eat a small handful of food.  no matter what it is, it will easily fit in your stomach, be down in a few small bites, and take a while to send the i'm-not-hungry-anymore signals (longer than it takes to eat those few bites).  it's not like, while you're downing those few nibbles, you can tell whether you will genuinely have satiated your hunger, unless you know that you're eating a...