or Connect

Posts by Holleys8

I need to change my user name, is there a way to do that??   Thanks!! =)
Thank you for the information. If you look, it was revised recently....looking to see if it actually changed the previous info or if I was given false information.   Reading the form it says that parents can exempt up to five vaccines, and I believe that they mean five total. They were so strict. We were there for less than 6 months and it took 6 weeks before they would except my children in school. I do remember them giving me the option of filling out...
Sorry for the things that you encountered when growing up, I understand more than I wish I did.   There is nothing wrong with be uncomfortable talking to your kids about sex, we as a society can have issues accepting that our children are sexual beings. They are over sexualized and at the same time, we forget that humans are born as sexual creatures. It can be so confusing and hard....how do we balance it??   You can bring up really benign things around the...
Thank you =)  
I am curious if it was a purpose. If the child was underneath her, is it possible that she had an accident and the lower child got the results of that??   The reason I ask is because my kids have been in similar situations and they followed the lead of what the parent was saying and not what actually happened. It wasnt until later that I found out that it was an accident all along. To some children there can be confusion to consequences....sometimes accidents...
Not to sound overly paranoid, but we are going on the assumption that we believe every thing we are told about vaccines not having live viruses in them.   The way that the FDA and other health organizations lie and spread non-truths for their benefit, make me not believe much of what they say. I know how ill my daughter became and how my other children have come down with the exact same thing they were vaccinated against. So, government agencies can tell me...
Dealing with the loss of my husband and I was reading in the 'expert' thread that you should not cry in front of your children....it scares them.   Now, I almost never cry (actually wish I could but I feel like if I start, I wont stop) but if there are tears, is it wrong for kids to see them?? Some of my kids have asked if I am not sad that hubby died because I dont cry over it, well rarely do.   Curious what others think.
This is such a wonderful thread and I am so glad to find it.   I find myself very uncomfortable with some of the decisions that I have made regarding my kids sexuality. Uncomfortable in the sense that I hope that I have not make a big mistake.   I have always been very open with my kids, age appropriate and not too much info in regards to myself and it seems that most of my kids (the ones that are old enough) have made good decisions in this area. One has not...
They were newborn, 18 months, 3 years, 4 1/2 years, and 6 years old....no not the toddler whisperer but we did have the tantrum thing down, It was a necessity. I did have one child who did use tantrums until school age, There was something about her that everyone gave into....strangers, not me. So, she learned that she got want she wanted.   The circumstances that I had so many kids, so close together, is long and boring. =)
Several years ago, we had to spend 6 months in Dallas and were forced to vaccinate the kids. They do have a waiver that can be used, but only for one vaccine. It was a horrid experience. My youngest had a severe reaction to the whooping cough shot and actually came down with the disease....she lost 20% of her body weight. It took a very long time for any doctor to even consider that she had it, because "she received the vaccine" I truly wish that I had just kept them...