or Connect

Posts by heartbot

This might not work well on older children, but on kids around 1 year, I think the best method for getting them to stop biting is to ignore them. When they bite, don't react at all. Ignore what they are doing. When they let go, walk away. The same goes for hitting, scratching, biting or hair pulling.   My daughter started doing this around the same age and for a few weeks, I endured the abuse. I tried telling her no. I tried crying out in pain and telling her it hurt...
I don't force her to brush her teeth, but I learned a trick for getting her to brush her teeth. I still brush her teeth for her, and I count backward from 10. (She's only 18 months old. For an older child, you could count longer or set a timer.) Knowing there's a set end time helps her deal with it, and she enjoys it now.   I think good dental hygiene is important, and at least a few times a week, I'd push it even if she really didn't want to.
Did you request a full chart or just the basic records, and did you learn anything useful or interesting from them?
I'm wondering if anyone here has requested their hospital records after a c-section?
  It bugs me when people tell me not to dwell on my birth experience, but instead to be grateful for my child or focus on my child's well-being, as if somehow that should erase what I have experienced. For many women, the circumstances surrounding their c-section are fraught with tension and fear. They may have experienced abuse from doctors and nurses, serious side effects and complications, and long-term problems with their reproductive health. It should okay for them...