or Connect

Posts by Seawen

Hi DoubleLove My younger dd had some birth issues to work out- sort of similar to yours. I lost a twin early in the pregnancy so dd came out on her own but seemed sad and disconnected. I work with a great physical therapist who also does cranio-sacral work as well as Reiki. I took dd there as an infant and the practitioner really helped to change dd's energy/attitude. Now dd is 2 1/2. She talks a little bit about missing "her friend" it spooks me sometimes because...
Just another thought on the gassy baby front- if you have a lot of milk baby might be nursing just the foremilk- not the fatty hind milk that comes at the end of a feeding. Foremilk can make for gas and green poo and uncomfortable tummy. But, the answer is usually to pump off some foremilk to get to the hind milk or to try block feeding on one side to decrease supply but an LC would be the best one to help. The babe is so new and with possible latch issues etc. you want to...
I'm so sorry! This sounds painful and scary I'm sure. I wish I had an answer.I know I had issues nursing dd1 and at times my nipples bled but I was able to pump. I would call the LC as soon as you can to get help asap so you aren't in pain anymore. I hope you get other answers from mamas here that help!
Hi Ali I'm so sorry to hear this! I don't experience with these drugs but I know dr's often say women can't nurse when they really can. There is a book called Medications in Mother's Milk by Dr. Thomas Hale from a univ. in TX that is the definitive answer on whether drugs are safe or not or, if you have a to pump and dump for a short period etc. This is the link to his online forum http://neonatal.ttuhsc.edu/lact/medi...orumspage.html I hope you find you don't...
Hi Subelite I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I know that the "baby blues" are common starting as early as day 5 post partum. Some of it is purely hormonal and your body getting used to not being pregnant etc but sometimes there is also more going on. While drugs aren't usually the first thing to try they can be a lifesaver but they aren't w/o risk. Often Dr.'s will say there is no safe drug while BF'ing but that isn't true. There are a few that ARE OK you just...
I know that Kiva.org makes loans but I'm not sure how you qualify
I'm another one buying from a local farmer I know, organic heritage breed, $4.50/lb (in the northeast) but I can only afford to do it because the rest of my family brings almost all the other fixing's. I'm just paying for the turkey.
Hi Molly I also had flat nipples with my first dd. The pain was bad and my nipples did get torn up. I finallly found and LC that could help. I ended up needing a nipple shield. They are highly controversial and there are lots of good reasons not to use them but an LC can help you figure out if it's necessary. For me it was. I would not have been able to nurse my dd w/o one. It was not possible. I used the shield for 6 weeks and then was able to transition my dd off (which...
Hi Ophelia I have PCOS too. Natural didn't work for me for dd2. We ended up going the full IVF route but Metformin was what really changed things for me. I ended up with regular cycles and I found that the women with PCOS have a really high rate of MC but that Metformin for the 1st 12 weeks of pregnancy helps prevent MC's. I did some research and decided that their are enough studies out there that show that PCOS is more than just a fertility issue. They know so much more...
I'm not sure if you want to go in this direction but I've heard that Michael Pollan just came out with a kid version of Omnivore's Dilemna to help kids understand the current state of our food/farm system