or Connect

Posts by Seawen

I have PCOS and used fertility treatments to get pg with dd 2. My sugar, A1c and glucose never showed a problem but I was clearly not ovulating and hte one month I did (on fertility drugs) miscarried. Once I was on Metformin I had no more issues. I also think I read somewhere that Metformin can also help with other subclinical PCOS related issues (high triglycerides etc).
molars can take forever and some kids just get teeth late. My dd, 2 1/2, is still drooling over her molars and her last canine just came in. Late but still normal.
We use Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries- Yum!
I had a friend using disposables who used duct tape over the tabs that velcro on. Of course then she had a really hard time changing the diapers w/o cutting off the duct tape but she swore it worked for her
Hi! I'm not an LC or anything but if she has low supply she should be nursing as much as she can. Nursing can increase supply. Also, has her lactation consultant looked at the baby's latch- could there be tongue-tie which can cause a bad latch and therefore baby wouldn't get enough. If she is a bigger lady and could have PCOS she could have low supply because of that- sometimes using Metformin- a diabetes drug- can help regulate insulin and increase supply but it takes...
I liked how this Farm Aid article laid out the whole UHT thing http://tinyurl.com/mqczgt
Well the gastro guy we saw today said he thinks she has "post viral gastroparesis" since she has been vomiting with every virus she gets for the past year. I didn't see the pattern myself until he pointed it out. Every time she gets a chest cold it turns into a vomiting episode of days. What happens is when you get a virus (like she did in Jan 2008 when she had RSV) a side effect is that the virus can paralise the stomach muscles that pump food out of the stomach and...
With cyclical vomiting syndrome- how many days does it last? We've used Zofran sporadically over the course of the illness- when I worry about her hydration. It works pretty well but I worry about using a drug so continually. We're now on day 6 of vomiting. The Zofran wore off at 1:15am and by 5am she was vomiting again. Thank GOD she is still nursing because she seems to keep BM down better than water or food. I'm so worried, so tired and frankly so sick of this...
Usually there is no fever. this time she had one day where she went up to 100.1 but that's it. Diarrhea only shows up after she's had a few doses of zofran (used to stop her from dehydrating.) and then it's not really full diarrhea (loose stool but not frequent throughout the day). in the past there hasn't been a connection to ear infection, or lungs or throat but this usually DOES follow a chest cold. I've wondered if it could be sinus drainage that starts it and then...
My dd has periods where she vomits for 4+ days and we are in one now. Occasionally it is a stomach bug that just won't quit but, sometimes, like this time, there is no illness around us and we can't find another cause. When this happened last (sick in NOV, DEC and FEB) we saw a Gastroenterogist and an allergist. They did an upper GI study and tested for food allergies (blood draw and skin prick test) Nothing showed up. No celiac, no reflux, no IGE allergies. There were...