or Connect

Posts by Seawen

The U.S. is in the middle of an ongoing dairy crisis, which threatens the survival of 20,000 dairy farms and the ability of all us to have fresh, safe dairy products from local farms. Even organic farms are affected. The basic problem is that the government sets the price for milk and farmers get paid about 1/2 what it costs them to make the milk. Secretary of Agriculture Vilsack can help dairy farmers by raising the price of milk paid to farmers- not our price in...
here's the back story: I have this little buddha woman that I use as my focus point in the kitchen window sill. When I was pregnant with my littlest dd I placed a bead in her hands (glued it in actually as I was having trouble staying pregnant. LOL) When I was 39 weeks with my dd I gentle waterbirthed the bead off the buddha (dissolved the glue). Easy gentle healthy birth of dd followed. I then moved the bead into the arms of another little mommy statue. Flash forward to...
Wow! All these replies! I'm usually the one that kills a thread. Just a quick update. DD did wrote a note of apology and then spoke with the bday girl in school yesterday. She said she was sorry and bday girl said, thank you but I'm still mad which dd accepted. Things I've learned since my last post. My dd really didn't understand what she was doing wrong by holding hands. They walked from bday girls house to a play and everyone held hands on the way TO the...
I'm so glad so many of you posted. It really helped me think about the whole situation and I agree with many of you. I do think the b-day girl's mom managed it badly (I'm sure she was hurt and angry because of the way it all turned out for her dd) and, I think my dd and her friend were being exclusive but not malicious. After hearing a little more from my dd I think that indeed it was difficult 8 yo behavior that could have used some better guidance. DD decided to...
Food and Water Watch put out this fact sheet awhile ago http://www.fwwatch.org/food/foodsafe...und-on-h-r-875 It was food for thought.
Thank you for your quick responses. dd and the other girl (E) with having lots of little private conversations, the other girl kept asking dd for a playdate, they were holding hands as they walked to see a play at the middle school as part of the birthday event. My dd and E are better friends with each other than with the birthday girl. Had I known it was going to be such a small party I would have done some pre-talking about paying attention to the birthday girl....
It was small party. 3 plus the birthday girl. My dd and another girl were being exclusive in conversation and holding hands during the party EVEN after being re-directed 3 x or so by the mom of the birthday girl. I was not at the party and just had the understandably angry mom tell me the story. My dd is also upset. I'm upset- I actually feel sick that my dd could hurt someone like this. What worries me most is that my dd doesn't seem to understand what she did...
DD is turning 2 this week. She nurses about 2-3 times a night when she is teething (like now) or 1-2 when not. She is small for her age, has some food allergies and I worry about her protein and fat intake so I'm not restricting her night time eating anytime soon. I don't worry about the wakings (although I wish they were less). She nurses quickly and we both go back to sleep. Occasionally she'll get into a cycle where she wants to nurse more frequently at night and I...
My dh NEEDS to have a website built for his business. We've been talking about it for about 1 year. Nothing fancy. Just 3-5 pages but we also need help with navigating the whole hosting/setting up email thing. I am a web marketer but don't know much about the technology of creating a site etc. We've already got the copy written but need help finding photos and coming up with a good design for his business. We don't have an unlimited budget. Any recommendations or...
Thank you! Can you buy water kefir? I'm not sure I'm up to trying to make it. I know folks around here swear by how easy it is but the whole idea of soaking grains etc. scares me. I'd love the kimchee recipes you use. We LOVE ginger and garlic. My experience with Kimchee was at a local korean restaurant and their version was VERY cabbagy so I had been staying away from it.