or Connect

Posts by Seawen

I'm so sorry it's happening again. My neighbor had an ongoing issue with plugged ducts- not this severe but consistent. She found a daily dose of lecithin helped her. Not sure what amount but it changed her life. I'm not sure about ignoring a lump but if it's just like last time and isn't causing pain or infection maybe not draining is ok...I know when I've had a plugged duct it always goes to mastitis. Good luck mama! Wendy
How lucky to find that dr! We just got back from our first visit with the allergist and her skin test was all negative- no response except to the control...sigh...so we have "no allergies" according to them ie. don't come back. And, as expected they ignored my telling them that when I pulled dairy from her diet her skin and congestion got better. AND they seemed shocked I pulled dairy and that I should give her some ASAP because she needs the calcium. Completely...
I'm so glad you guys weighed in. I've been feeling like we are on a wild goose chase with our 22 month dd. She seemed to be getting sick a lot (3 stomach bugs in 3 months and the rest of the family was sick too. We kicked each bug in 24 hours but she was sick each time for 4-5 days.) It is her first year in daycare but she was sicker than her peers so our Dr. suggested seeing a gastroenterologist "just to check things out". We started with a blood test to rule lots...
We've had a lot of fevers lately. They are scary to me too! I would take my dd's into see our dr if the fever stayed at 102-104 for more than 3 days. I would call Dr after hours if I could not bring fever below 104 with fever meds I would go to ER if fever was 105+ and would not come down with bath AND fever meds
Anyone hear this today? our local NPR station played it. We are new to food allergies and have our first appt on Wed.. now I'm not sure what to think if blood tests are that wrong... http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=101944263 Wendy
I'm not sure HR 875 is as dangerous as I'm seeing people talk about. Here is what was posted on a University Food list that I'm on. THe folks on it are all part of the sustainable agriculture world. This came from Food & Water Watch and I usually trust their take: Food & Water Watch’ s Statement on H.R. 875 and the Food Safety Bills The dilemma of how to regulate food safety in a way that prevents problems caused by industrialized agriculture but doesn’t wipe out...
Thank you! It's so great to have these questions answered. I guess I'll keep reading and posting when something new comes up. Like now how my dd will only eat raisins and pickles -her choice...I keep wondering what her body needs so many raisins for...
I am so thankful that this forum exists as I have learned more here than anywhere else! So thank you! I still have some questions that I can't quite find the answers to or, maybe I'm just not getting it: I've read here that the RAST or blood test for IgE are not reliable in children under 5 (or under 2)- why? Is Skin testing also unreliable? Some have talked of "healing" allergies by removing the reactive/offensive foods and then taking probiotics/bone...
I'm looking for info on the different types of tests I hear talked about here but don't know much about. RAST, ELISA, ALCAT, skin testing etc. Is there a place where I can learn pros and cons of each? Thank you! Wendy
That's an interesting thought about the secondary intolerance from gut damage and I will pull wheat if we need to. It's just so hard to get my dh on board with changing our family food system if he doesn't "see" the problem- and right now we don't see the wheat/soy thing. DD is having skin testing on March 18th and I imagine we will probably get some new foods/things added to her allergy list.