or Connect

Posts by leavesoflaurel

thanks so much angelorum! that helps so much--- just needed someone else to help spell it out have you done this pattern?
Anyone have hints for the CURLY PURLY soaker pattern. I am done with the "body" but am getting confused at this part.    -----------------   Knit from start of round to first marker (right hip). BO 5 stitches. Knit to 5 stitches before hip marker (left hip), BO 5 stitches. Knit across, k2tog last 2 stitches. Turn and purl (or knit backwards) until 2 stitches remain. SSP remaining 2 stitches. Repeat these two rows until 18 [18, 20, 20, 20] stitches remain (4.25-4.5...
hey ladies.... haven't had time for a full response yet, but I commiserate/ empathize so much with you both. things are looking up for me in my 18th week--feeling first baby kicks and its a specific source of joy, however I am still exhausted and no desire to do anything!!! blah. goatmamma--- you're due in April?! have you joined the ddc? finding lots of support there. send me a private message with your email and I can add you to the Facebook group too, which is much...
crystal face--- which vid did you purchase?! the amazon reviews were overwhelming! I can't use the Internet to watch videos or YouTube bc of my low data plan--- really looking to buy one or two good vids
so sweet! did you use a pattern or make it up !?
beautiful! love the stocking. anyone made good diaper covers?! I am a knitter .::
thanks so much for these responses.... it feels like such a relief to know I am not alone. granite, I very much suspect anemia for myself and have been trying to eat more iron rich foods and take all my supplements lately (iron free, but taking multi vits and fish oils---- it really does seem to help)..... and selissa, I love that you wrote just to say I wish we could share tea and hugs (that made my day)-- I am right there with you!!! how great would it be to have an...
hey mamas---- been experiencing what I would classify as mild depression since beginning of pregancy. I say mild as its not very dark in nature, not constant and I am still generally optimistic about life. I am also very excited about this pregnancy and while it certainly brought on new stress...my current feelings are much more in the category of unmotivated, blue, tired, lazy and not as much rooted in anxiety---'though I admit, I felt great overwhelm at first. I am not...
getting a hand me down ergo which I know I love from hauling my niece around . been thinking about a wrap for the first months .. saw a cozy mom with this woven wrap yesterday and thought I might splurge.... since one will be free. made in Germany-- but I found plenty on amazon. they come in many lengths and beautiful fabric http://m.storchenwiege.com
Sara---- I am right there with you! not planning any ultrasounds and won't listen for the heartbeat for 10 more days (which I admit doesn't sound so far away as it did a month ago)..... so hard, with all the mamas around us getting their first u/s or hearing the heartbeat for the first time and also just hearing scary stories. it feels hard for me to have made it to the second tri and want to feel like I can be out and open (still waiting to go fully public until we hear a...