or Connect

Posts by hawkfeather

i would add (although I didn't read the link so perhaps I am repeating) a placenta bowl, a hot water bottle or heating pad (nice for warming babies blankets or blankets for your lower back), arnica for swelling afterwards..extra towels and cloths for compresses and such..camera batteries? if your cutting the cord you would need something to cut it with..i like to have a nice place to throw dirty linen and garbage that i can have out of my eye sight so any mess can be delt...
I just wanted to intro myself.. I just signed up.. i am expecting my fifth baby in April we are planning a UC birth. this is my partner's first child (we have four from my first marriage).. I live in Canada (west coast) my children are all two years apart.. this has been my longest gap between babies.. my youngest at this point is four.. might be a bit much personal info .. but i thought I would share just becasue it makes life easier..the last few years i really lost...
PPH is aprox 2 cups of liquid or more (at once not over time).. I know that it can be hard to tell..and like said before especially mixed with fluid..but if it prior to the placenta being delivered or even prior to second stage there shouldn't be much amniotic fluid still.. mamas who are worried or in general might want to pour coloured liquid on a chux pad or a sheet or a pad and see what 2 cups looks like... just my opinion.. when it comes to *treating* a bad bleed.. if...
howdee.. I have been trying to find some online mamas to connect with.. happily a mama from another board pointed me here.. anyway my name is Hawkfeather and I am expecting my fifth child in April..this is my partner's first babe (our other four are from my first marriage)..he is a great papa to our brood, but still first time for the birth and pregnancy and new baby.. all the fun stuff.. I live on the West Coast in Canada...happy to meet you all!