or Connect

Posts by curebaby

Lol... the grass is always greener, right?
Soooo... just found out PreK ends May 22nd, so I think the early birthday party coinciding with the end of the school year is probably out. I know she wants the party, but I'm starting to think about doing a fun day with one good friend, and a family party later.
Thanks for the links!
Our favorite vegetarian dish around here is black bean and rice burritos. Can of black beans, rice, jar of salsa. Heat to simmer and add 1cup cheddar cheese, stir until melted. Garnish with extra cheese, sour cream, veggies, etc.
A venue as in somewhere that isn't our backyard and has kid-friendly activities. I had thought about the end of the school year... my husband is working full time and in school full time so its hard to say if I could rely on him for assistance until school is officially out. I could at least get invites out, I suppose. I'm sorry your party plans were stressful again this year. I suspect I've created my own monster with all the anxiety I feel... when I was a kid in...
Piggybacking this thread, because DD's birthday is on July 4th weekend, so there's always no-shows, but I think we'll opt for a drop-in pizza parlor gathering this time. I have always had the tendency to go all out (made my own Bob the Tomato piñata last year, TYVM!) because DD is an only child and having a July birthday myself, I know how hard it is to gather kids for party time :/ This year I am actually thinking I may postpone her party until the following week so...
Ugh... I don't know what this new sensation means, but I'm having this new external burning combined with a spasming pain in the area of my urethra/vaginal opening. I'm certain its not yeast or uti, but it happens after I urinate or have sex and lasts for a few hours. Better when I sit. I think its related to my cystocele, but I can't physically see any changes and nothing seems to have "dropped". I did feel like I was getting a virus a couple of weeks ago, and...
Yep, sounds like cystocele to me. Sorry you are having to deal with this. I would recommend seeking out a urogynocologist for a better diagnosis. Unfortunately there are many GPs and even regular gynos who don't know how to properly diagnose POP. That being said, there are lots of options for treatment, and you may want to look into referral to a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor disorders. You've already found the POP thread, which is a great place for...
Yes, you hit the nail on the head! Thinking about some of these episodes she's had over the last year make me wonder if her brain can't tell the difference between excitement and fear. Today we wore her out with a 7-mile hike in the forest, and nary a mention of Frozen or Disneyland after the first mile, so keeping her active is definitely going to be a new goal.I wish my DH was a little less laid back with his interpretation of what is appropriate behavior for her age. ...
Had major relapse tonight and I'm wondering if its time to call in the professionals. Decided to surprise (which was probably my first mistake) DD with the Frozen DVD tonight and when she saw what it was, she flipped out. Full-blown panic attack, DH had to pry her away and carry her into her bedroom, and even then she kept coming out and insisting that I couldn't watch it, either. DH finally told her she could stay in her room or come out and watch the movie, but could...