or Connect

Posts by SpiritedAway

Thanks, guys.
I guess that's what she could've been thinking of. I had assumed she was implying that gay people just sleep around instead of having meaningful relationships, which I was kind of offended by, but I can see that might not have been what she meant.
lies
Update: She now knows. I could tell she was upset, but she said that she was okay with it. She then launched into a small lecture about monogamy, which was weird and uncomfortable. But basically I'm relieved with how it went. It didn't go horribly wrong, and she still loves me. I think she needs a bit more time to get used to the idea, but that's only fair; it took me about 7-8 years to accept it.   Actually right before talking to my mom, I texted a friend and came out...
@meemee Thanks for the encouragement. What you've said is comforting.
Yeah, I feel like my mom should have at least warned me about the whole period thing. I had no clue what was going on when I got my period for the first time. Thanks. I know she'll still love me (or at least I hope so), but I'm still worried about what she'll think of me.  
I may have to do that if I can't get it out. Although you've given me the idea to write it out beforehand, then hand it to her, let her read it, and hopefully we'll talk afterwards. Quote:Originally Posted by AAK  Good luck!  I hope it goes well.  I wanted to give you a bit of encouragement too.  My sister is gay.  It took her quite a while to come out to everyone, but we all suspected anyways.  In our society though, it seems wrong to make that assumption.  So, it could...
We don't really talk about personal stuff, but that's as much my fault for being so closed off.That's true, but I feel like that's what most people think about when they think about gay people. Thanks for the encouragement. @DaisyMay: She never asks me about relationships. It would make it much easier for me if she did.Next time I see her, which will be this weekend, I'll try to sit her down and lead in with this. Hopefully I can get it out. If I chicken out, I may just...
I just don't know how to approach her. Every time we are together I think I should tell her, but I get embarrassed and freeze up.   And I don't want her to just sweep it under the rug and forget about it. I want to be able to talk to her.
This isn't about how to bring it up to your kids, but how to bring it up when you are the kid. I'm gay, and I want to tell my mom. I'm not afraid of her hating me or anything. I'm just embarrassed, and I don't know how to start this conversation. We NEVER talk about anything related to sex. She didn't even give me "the talk" or tell me that I was going to have periods (I had to learn about all that from school, friends, or the internet), so I feel really uncomfortable...