or Connect

Posts by katybear mama

beanma, thanks for the zooglobble link - it looks great!  can't wait to look at it more closely...
I do not like alot of music made specifically for kids - at least half of what I purchase for my cd collection in my Children's Room (Hampton Bays Public Library http://hbaychildroom.blogspot.com/  ) is grown up music...Jackson Browne, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, Cat Stevens, etc.  Here are some kid-specific albums that are great though:   The Johnny Cash Children's...
The Velveteen Rabbit is a favorite of mine too.  I do a holiday program in my Children's Room called How Toys Become Real where we read that story and each child brings their favorite stuffed animal and they also bring a new, unwrapped one to put in our Toys for Tots donation box.  The Night Before Christmas is another favorite and there are so many beautifully illustrated versions.  For our Night Before Christmas storytime we actually go to a local farm/nursery where...
There are two picture books for older readers that I like, look them over, they are scary, I'm not sure about dark...they are both beautifully illustrated.   The Shadow by Donna Diamond   The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman
The Search for WondLa  by Tony DiTerlizzi:  This is a combination of a juvenile fiction book and a graphic novel and also has an interactive website - http://wondla.com/  http://wondla.com/    I'll put in another vote for His Dark Materials, that was a great series. 
Count me in!  I have about 20 books littering the floor by my bed...that's not including the hundreds on my shelves.  I just finished Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann.  I loved this book!  Did anyone else read it? 
How about A New Earth by Tolle?  I also just started reading Loving What Is by Byron Katie and there are tools for self-reflection in there...I'll have to think of some more...I can't think of anything great off the top of my head either.
Last month was the first time this happened to me. My cycle is usually 30 or 31 days from the start of my period to the start of my next period. Last month I starting spotting on & off at about the 31st day & then finally got my period about 5 days later. It seems to be happening again this month. Does this happen to anyone else? And if so, how many days do you spot before finally getting your period? This is so annoying. I am going away on next week (on the 24th)...
Thanks, I agree that it's normal & healthy too. I think that as long as dh tucks her into her own bed she'll be fine. As for now, I'm not going to pressure her to go back to her own bed.
...my dh left for deployment. At 7 years old dd went to sleep in her room. It took alot for her to get to that point & it was right before my dh, her step-father, moved in with us. Now, 3 years later, my dh is deployed with the army this past January & she has been in my bed every single night since he is gone. She has a great relationship with him & misses him like crazy (as do I) & I would rather have her in my bed than sleep alone. He is due back in February &...