or Connect

Posts by JinxieFox

Hm, as far as the Saturn Return, I know it happens roughly every 28ish years and generally coincides with major transitions in your life.  Things don't tend to settle down until the age of about 35.  Z. Budapest tackles this quite well in her book Summoning the Fates.  So that's the astrology of it - how it affects us.  I know mine definitely lasted from 28 to 35, and that's when I hit a bunch of major transitions: becoming a mom, divorcing, remarrying, etc.   I...
My personal age limit is 3, maybe 3 1/2. My son self-weaned at 2 1/2, which was perfect for both of us.    I think it depends on whether or not both mother and child are happy with the breastfeeding relationship.  My son was very calm and looked like a stoner baby every time he nursed.  It was cute as  heck and he was very attached to me.    My daughter flails like a crazy person (she is now 7 months old), will climb on top of me to nurse, but will also get...
Oh gosh, I know what you mean.  My first only cried on long trips, which I completely understand.  My second doesn't care for even a 15-minute trip sometimes!   I'm an AP as well.  I absolutely hate letting babies cry too.   First, I try to make baby a priority before I leave the house.  I make sure she's clean and dry, and I nurse her before I go anywhere.    If she's wide awake and alert, I make sure she has something to entertain her - a couple of toys or...
It's been a looong time for me, as I have a 10 1/2-year-old, but I know I'll face this again soon, since now I have a 7-month-old.  :)   With my son, he self-weaned at 2 1/2, and then I transitioned him into his own bed gradually.  Like EarthMama said, I would go in there with him and cuddle him until he fell asleep.    We followed the same bedtime routine every night, first with a bedtime story, and then snuggling.  Sometimes he would come to my bed early in the...
We just moved to the country - very rural.  We'd like to keep chickens and ducks, however we can't at our current home due to the homeowners' association.  However, we have a lake in our backyard and so some fishing, and we're going to plant a garden.    At first we just cleared a small amount of space - maybe 3 feet by 5 feet.  Then I heard of people with MASSIVE 20 x 25 gardens in their backyards.  Like, wow!  Well, our yard is huge, so we're definitely going to...
We just returned from to the U.S. after 2 1/2 years in England and 1 year in Korea.  We decided to settle in Nebraska, where my husband is from, so now I'm hoping to find kindred spirits nearby.   I realize there is a lot going on up in Omaha, but with our current finances, driving up there - or even to Bellevue - is kind of painful, gas-wise.   So I'm hoping to find other moms around Plattsmouth, especially Beaver Lake or Murray, NE.   I stay home with my 10...
Thanks Cynthia!  I've noticed familiar names here and there when browsing or searching the forums, so maybe I'll encounter some of the folks I know, and meet some interesting new ones as well.  :)
Hi all, I've read the forums for years now, but finally just joined.  I'm Wendy, mother to Gavin (age 10 1/2) and Rowan Alice (7 months old).  There's also hubby (#2) and we're a happy little Pagan family.   Besides homeschooling my son since he was about 4 or so, I'm an urban and steampunk fantasy author, freelance writer, editor, and co-host of the radio show Sounds of Steam.    I'm from Massachusetts, but agreed to spend the rest of my life in The Middle of...
I think the idea that we do NOTHING.   Yes, I stay home with my son (whom I homeschool) and my daughter.  I also work full time from home, in addition to the 24/7 job that is parenting.   Years ago when my now-ex-husband remarked that I did nothing all day, I gave him a piece of my mind about what goes into caring for a baby and giving him a nice, clean home and meal to come back to at the end of every day.   Whether stay-at-home-parents work additional jobs...