or Connect

Posts by LiminalOne

Hello ladies, I've been reading that lots of folks spot early in pregnancy and I started spotting a tiny bit yesterday at 9 weeks and even more today (pink mucus with streaks of red) after having intercourse last night. I know that it could go either way, but I'm not clear what I want to do about it. I haven't had an appointment yet, but I have scheduled one with a homebirth midwife for next week. I'm feeling a little on my own here. I don't understand how rest and...
I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care!
I am definitely having to use the elastic band trick to get my pants closed. And I'm loving the few drawstring waist pants that I have. Hoping to wait at least 3 more weeks to tell anyone...we'll see.
Just bumping this up. I'm 8 weeks, no morning sickness, just tired and hungry. I'm still waiting to tell most, except for parents and 2 friends, but it's strange to just wait. My clothes are starting to feel tight and I feel like I have 2 more weeks until I'll feel more clear about whether the pregnancy will stick and whether we can share the news. Definitely in limbo land. And soon thereafter, the possible testing gauntlet will begin. I think we did the AFP with...
I'll join the crew! I'm 40 and am pregnant with my third. I'm still trying to get my head around whether there is anything different this time (had my first at 31 and second at 35). I'm more worried about the health of the baby with these darned "old eggs" and hoping that I'll make it to delivery with my higher risk of miscarriage. But if all goes well, I can't wait to experience pregnancy and the early years again. I am considering doing some testing which I...
Ahhh, it's so good to see this thread! Thanks for starting it. Age (40) Due date: 12/11 It's taken us three years to get pregnant for the third time around and now that we're here, I'm trying not to let all those stats get me down. With my second, at 35, we had a lovely HB, no testing or intervention. Now at 40, I feel totally different, much more risk averse. I can't even think yet about where to seek care, an OB where I can get the high risk vision and some of...
Hugs to you all! It IS a different experience. Even though I've never gone the medical infertility route, we'd been trying for over 3 years. It's hard for me to stay positive. The more I read on the internet, the worse it becomes. I feel like I can't even call and schedule a consultation to start making decisions about the birth, at least not until I make it past ten weeks. I've had two "normal" pregnancies before and have never focused so much on the risk before. A...
Congrats! Do you have any options for taking a leave of absence for the spring semester and then returning to your assistanceship in the following fall? I took a one-year leave from my PhD program after my first was born and it was a formal process. I would also hate to let it go when you are so newly pregnant. Good luck keeping your options open... Angie Mama to Finn 6 / 01, Theo 4/05, and hopefully a little elf in 12/10
I'm also thinking about it (at 40, my risk is 1 in 66, which almost makes me cry). It does seem like a test that has little side effects, but false positives. But it's complicated as if everything was great, I would rather do another HB. So, I'm not clear what kind of practitioner I need. I'm having trouble feeling that this pregnancy is real since the rate of miscarriage is so high at this age. Can you tell that I'm feeling really old.... ;( Angie
I'm not sure that I wish for morning sickness per se, but I do wish that my round ligament pain would come back I would cringe when I turned over in bed at night, but now I'm not feeling it at all. Maybe sorer nipples, since I'm not nursing anymore? Let's see what other kind of symptoms can reassure me? How about very vivid dreams.... Angie 5 weeks