or Connect

Posts by LiminalOne

Hi there I need a bolster to practice my prenatal yoga at home as my pillows are all too soft to provide enough support. I've been looking for a pattern online but haven't been able to find one. I'm such a novice sewer that I'm afraid to start w/o a pattern though I have lots of wool stuffing that I could use in it. Any ideas... Thanks Angie
Quote: Originally Posted by wasabi Now if you're 42 weeks and they want to check your fluid levels or something well fine and good. But a routine u/s to check the size of the baby I would definitely investigate because they are just horribly horribly inaccurate and can make your birth much more difficult. Just wanted to add my experience though I doubt many of us are focused on the very end of the pregnancy process at this point. The midwives...
I'm doing the heartburn dance as well and have tried the homeopathic remedy just once last night, carbo vegetabilis. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I gave it a fair trial as it came back up with my dinner , but that's what I have read about in the archives here. You can get more info on it here http://www.abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Carb-v You can also use the remedy finder on that site, which I find a little tricky. From my symptoms, I came up with apis mellifluca,...
We're still nursing, but I don't think that at 16 weeks, there's any milk. Finn (3 1/3) says there's not any, but it doesn't seem to slow him down at all. I also tried to express some a few weeks ago to treat an aching ear and couldn't get any. I wasn't thinking that I would get colostrum so early. Hmmmm, we'll have to wait and see. Probably better than nursing dry... The sad thing for me is that he's had a cold and a stomach bug in the last two weeks and it was so odd...
Quote: Originally Posted by saharamama Ultrasounds are not recommended for routine use as they have not yet been tested adequately. Just in defense of saharamama, u/s are intended for diagnostic use (I looked for the ACOG statement of this but couldn't navigate their website too well), not just to give us a visual introduction to the baby or to determine gender. There are some anomalies that can be detected through u/s. But I think that it's...
Thanks, Frank. Sadly, I think you might be right that we need to have it looked at. It's so funny to have read about all these babes that were retracted without their permission (or their parents'). Makes me not want to take him into a medical office at all. TRUST... makes you go, hmmmm. Thanks Angie
Hi there My 3yo has been experiencing frequent urination for several days, so much so that he can't make it to the bathroom and pees just a tiny amount in his underwear frequently especially in the am. Several times he mentioned that it hurts to pee, increasingly so. Negative for a UTI but positive for calcium oxalate crystals (the substance that most kidney stones are of). He's on an anti-convulsant that puts him at higher risk for kidney stones, but kidney stones...
We're not planning on doing either the AFP or the U/S, but I do have to say that I had to really think through whether I was ok not knowing the gender for this 2nd baby. The funny thing is that I've always NOT wanted to know the gender and have always struggled to understand other people's desire to know in advance. I try to raise my ds as free of gender expectations as possible and always feel (on some level at least) like gender is overrated as information on your...
Just jumping out of lurkdom to say that after reading this thread last night, I called dh at the store and told him to get some fish sticks, which we had for dinner last night (former veggie, and current meat phobe, though I'm trying to eat it)... Not sure whether to thank you all or not, LOL.. That said, I'm sitting here with an incredible craving for bean dip (I think it'll have to be the frito lay kind too, though I don't know what kind of stuff is in there). This...
It's interesting to me that most of you seem to be easily weaning your 2 yos when my 3 1/4 yo shows no sign of slowing down..... I don't feel like I have a lot of energy to wean him from this very important activity (for sleep and comfort), but maybe in a few weeks I'll be feeling differently. For awhile I was feeling incredibly depleted especially since he has some food allergies (gluten and dairy) that were making it hard for me to eat, but I'm not feeling...