or Connect

Posts by kbfs

Well AF finally showed yesterday, exactly TWO WEEKS late. So now I have no idea when I might ovulate next and we've decided to take a cycle off to monitor and relax. My partner wants to take several months off because she is tired of me getting sad every month it doesn't work, but I just imagine wasted eggs every cycle we don't try... I'm not sure though what our next step should be. If we should just keep trying at home with the kd, or if it's time to pony up the funds...
No news, still! I'm feeling pretty bummed today, like now on top of the normal trickiness of ttc, there's something wrong with me. I've never missed a period before, and I've been keeping track for years. I always get af fourteen days after a positive opk, super regular. So this new situation is frustrating. I want to start planning my next insem, but without af it's impossible to gauge when that will be!Sorry about your bfn. It can be such a frustrating process can't it?...
Tested again this morning, still bfn, still no af. Every other cycle I'm pretty regular, so I keep alternating between getting my hopes up, and being frustrated that maybe my cycles are wacky suddenly.
Lea- Thanks for the new thread! I can't believe it's October already. Fmorris- good luck with your insem and trip! Me, I've been testing every morning since Saturday, all bfn. But no af still, even though I was due Sunday... I had cramps all day yesterday and was sure I'd start any time, but today I feel fine again. So weird and annoying.
Tested today and it was negative. I was so hopeful too! I try really hard to not read into symptoms, but I thought this one felt different. It's still a little early, af isn't due until Sunday, but I'm feeling discouraged. This was try number eight for us, and I never thought it would take that long. How does anyone accidentally get pregnant if it's this complicated!?
sandiegongp- I really appreciated your "long and rambly" post about your experience being the NGP. You brought up some things that I hadn't really thought about much, and gave me ideas for involving my partner more in the process. Thanks! My partner is very squeamish about the entire ttc process, so it is really all up to me. But once I am actually pregnant I know she will be amazing. And once baby is here, she'll be the primary caregiver, so she'll be super involved at...
Well I'm back in the tww! Insemmed last night when I got home from work. It ended up being about 33 hours after my darkest opk, which seems late to me, but we'll see! He's willing to come over tonight after work as well, but that'll be 57 hours, which is really too late, right? Is it worth even trying? Agrex- when I was using both the lined cheap tests and the smiley, I would test every four hours or so with the cheapies and then when the lines started looking dark I...
Well, my KD is getting to town this evening, I thought I would O tomorrow, but my opk was positive yesterday afternoon, so my timing might be off again. I'm starting to wish I could temp, but with my work schedule (super long, erratic hours) it's just impossible. So all I go on is opks, and it's hard to tell how long after a positive one I actually O, or when to insem based on that! So much guesswork. So fingers are crossed once again!I was really lucky when we decided we...
AF was due today and arrived right on time. So now I'm at work consoling myself with an iced coffee. The bright side is that I'm going to Vegas this weekend for a friend's wedding and now I'll be able to drink! Then onto try number eight.When we were using frozen sperm we used a syringe, but haven't tried that with the fresh yet. Maybe I'll switch it up this next attempt and see how it works.
Test was negative today. Now just waiting for my period to start. Hmph. These first two tries (with 2 insems per try) with the kd we have just had him uh, 'deposit his sample' straight into an instead cup, then I carefully put the cup in me, making sure my cervix is sitting down in the stuff. However, one of the times this cycle I totally spilled it all over my hand as I was putting the cup in, so I'm thinking of trying other methods.