or Connect

Posts by OklaFarmMama

Acelyn is 2months old and pretty much sleeps all night now. Her "night" starts around 9-11pm. She has started waking up around 6-8am for 30minutes - 2hours, then will sleep another 2-4hours. sadly I have only been getting in on those last few hours, going to bed at 4 or 6 am. I'm tired, just can't sleep. Never delt with this before. I'm a SAHM so I have a lot of freedom when it comes to time frames, but I'm not really liking this on my end. I'm glad my baby is getting her...
Yogini so often I see similarities between your sweet girl and my own. Acelyn seems to love her own face. I love seeing babies even more now that I have my own. All so beautiful, so darling. I don't use the warp a whole lot at this point, but I love it every time we need it. She is starting to teeth and this day she would only sleep when I held her, normally her swing or bouncy seat will do. Her "I just woke up, now I have to poop" face. Sweet dreams on mommy milk
Sorry the pics where so big before, it wouldn't let me resize them after they were loaded. Here is one more of her and her daddy from the other day. They both fell asleep as soon as he sat down. So sweet.  
Oh they are all so cute!!! I love the look on Jaspers face with his brother holding his arm...I think every face every baby makes it priceless! Her is Acelyn with her Geemaw, my DH's mom. At around 5 weeks. She was enjoying checking things out in her wrap. She likes to crane her head back like this a lot. Her "I've got a full tummy, now I'm sleepy" face I know it's out of focus but I just think the look on her face is priceless, she was laughing while my mom was...
...and I'm just getting around to saying hi! I've missed being here. Acelyn is awesome, and growing so much. Even though like with your little Norah rainyday everyone says "she so little", or "oh that's a new baby!" DH is already sick of the so little comments, now he knows how I've felt my whole life. Lol. She will be 8 weeks old this Friday and it's amazing how much she has changed! I've got her in mostly 0-3m clothes, she can still fit a few newborn things depending on...
I'll keep that in mind if it doesn't clear up soon. I did a little research online after I posted this. I just using one type of diapers until I get it cleared up, then I'll start testing the others. I mixed up my own wipe solution, coconut oil, mild soap, and water. I put it in an empty soap dispenser and pump it onto the wipes as I need them. For wipes I still had a pack of the gauze ones from the hospital. I'm also blotting the area with a witch hazel pad a few times a...
I use both cloth and disposable diapers. My baby girl has a rash that seems to get worse when I use fitted or pocket diapers. I'm not sure if that is because I don't have any rash treatment to use with the cloth diapers, or if she is having a reaction to the material? Has anyone else had that happen? When I use flats or prefolds it looks about the same as with a disposable or a little better. Right now it looks pretty bad, so I've been using just disposables. I've been...
Thank you everyone for the congratulations!   Acelyn was the queens name on the movie dragon heart. It means beautiful one. And her middle name is Aurora, that's sleeping beauties real name, but I also had the northern lights in mind... So you could say my little princesses is the beautiful light of my life, that's how I see it anyways.
Lol. I love that. Danielle - You and Katherine both have my sympathy.  Don't feel useless mama, your doing an awesome job. One day shy of 2 weeks.Guess I spoke too soon on the emotional part. I've been a mess today. DH walked in on me with my face buried in a tissue... I'm not even sure what set me off. He let me cry on his shoulder while he told me he loved me, such a sweetie.Bleeding was the one thing I was kinda worried about before hand. But it really has not been that...
Oh I would so love to make love to my husband right now! But I have a few stiches and I can still feel one of them, and I'm still a bit ouchy. The way I figure it the longer I wait the better it will be for both of us. We did get some snuggle time in today, but are both looking forward to the real deal.